Showtime

There was no sign of J the whole morning. I had woken up to an empty cold bed, a blistering headache and a heart that felt as heavy as hell. I was a little glad that J didn't come home last night. I needed time to gather my thoughts on everything. So much has happened in the last few days and I wasn't sure whether or not I should cry or laugh. I should be happy that J finally admitted that he was in love with me, but I didn't want it to happen the way it did. But the type of relationship that we have, it probably wouldn't of occurred any other way. 

Such sick and twisted love.

The love I yearn and starve for.

The type of love I hate.

Despise.

Adore.

The stage kidnapping was tomorrow and I definitely wasn't ready. I had been missing Mona so much and decided to give her a call. 

''Come on, come on!'' I whispered to myself. This was the 5th time now I had tried her cell. 

''Hello?'' A low timid voice spoke on the other end. I hadn't heard Mona's voice in what felt like years.

''Oh my God Mona, is that you?'' I shrieked in a worried tone

''Liza?'' She broke back

''Yes, yes, its me. Oh my God, I miss you so much. Where are you? Are you OK?'' I babbled, walking over to the window to get better reception

''I... I.. I cant be long, they will hear me'' She whispered

I frowned deep and whispered back into the speaker ''Who will hear you Mona? The Del a Rosas? If your in danger say it now. I will come find you, me and J -

''No!'' She hissed back ''Not J. You cant bring him. They will kill you both.'' 

''Mona, Ive left you before and I'm not doing this again. Fine I wont bring J but please, please, tell me where you are. I miss you so much, I need you. Im sorry I left you, please.''

There was rustling on the phone and I heard a faint deep voice in the background

''Liza, listen I'm in trouble, I need your help - please.

''Anything!'' 

There was more rustling on the end of the line

''Im sorry, I have to go'' Mona whispered

''NO - wait, just tell me where I can find you!''

She let out a deep worried sigh ''D.. o.. Pa..b... lo's'' The reception started to cut out before the line locked off.

''Hello? Mona? Mona!'' 

I was left on the other end listening to the dial tone. 

I ran over to my wardrobe and threw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt I frantically tied my hair up into a messy bun, grabbed my jacket off of one of the chairs and flew down the stairs. 

I realised that I didn't have any car keys and knew that J's men kept a set on them at all times. The house was quite so I knew that J and his men were probably out on a heist. 

I searched the manor for Crane, knowing that he would be an easy target, if he was here. I finally found him passed out on one of the sofas, a glass of whisky still in his grip.

''Crane'' I whispered, gently shaking him

''Crane'' I whispered again relieved that he was out cold.

I gently edged my hand into his jean pocket. The smell of alcohol and cigar smoke clung to his clothes. I managed to pull out a set of keys.

Bingo.