Chestnuts roasting

''What do you want?'' I hissed

''Merry Christmas to you too'' Nylah laughed off

''Look, Im not in the mood to play you're sick and twisted game. I don't like you Nylah. You lied to me and practically destroyed my life. And now you're standing here in front of me, on Christmas, with some sort of shitty peace offering cocktail? I don't think so.''

''A little dramatic don't you think?''

''Dramatic? Are you serious right now? You had no right to take J away from me - no right!'' The sound of my voice was rising with every breath I took. I could feel the anger coursing through my veins.

Nylah let out a long winded breath and placed the cocktail down in front of me.

''Im bored, and hungry. You wanna be a bitch? Fine.'' She smiled, walking through the door into the dining room.

I clenched my fists and threw the glass off of the counter, the sound of its fragments raining down onto the marble floor, its sharp shards breaking violently into small pieces

Fucking bitch. I hated her so much. My mind instantly flashed back to the reason as to why I left the dinner table in the first place. I grabbed the bottle of whiskey off of the side and took a swig of its contents. I didn't even want to return to the table. I honestly just wanted to curl up into a ball and die. I cant believe J would put me through this again. He knew how I felt about her and what she had to me, to us - to him. Her actions had drove him to shoot up heroine for christ sake. But I guess I had no jurisdiction in this matter considering the ghastly thing I had done to him a mere hour ago.

Breath in, breath out

 I summonsed the strength from God knows where and finally emerged from the kitchen

I summonsed the strength from God knows where and finally emerged from the kitchen. As I walked around the table I could feel everyones eyes piercing into me, mocking me. J's men knew that I wasn't happy about Nylah's return. As far as they were concerned they had their popcorn at the ready. I met J's eyes as I sat back down in my seat, placing my napkin on my lap. I looked over at Nylah as her lips curled into a smug smile.