The first hearing

I woke up early and was escorted to the showers where I could get ready. I slipped in the shower and washed my hair and got out and put on my court outfit. I went back to the cell and tried my best to towel dry my hair before it goes frizzy and to somewhat try and make myself look presentable.

"Marshall, it's time." A guard said to me as he approached my cell, I walked out and he gained a tough grip on me before he led me to some stairs, I anxiously climbed the steps to see a bunch of people in the courtroom, especially news reporters. At the other side I saw Alex who looked just as scared as me. "All rise." A man said and we got up as the Judge walked into the room. She looked middle age, maybe about 55. She ordered us to sit before the agonising process started. Mainly just confirming our details. "Now, I will read out the charges against you first Alex." She started. "Alex Vause, you are charged with conspiracy to smuggle drugs, possession of class A drugs, money laundering, conspiring to free a jailed convict, gross negligence, theft and evading the law." She spoke. "Ouch." I muttered under my breath. I could tell Alex wasn't going to get out of this easy.

After speaking to Alex the Judge then turned to me. "Faye, your case is very much different compared to Alex. My records state that you spent 5 months in prison out of a totalled 24 years & 3 month sentence, correct?" She spoke. "Correct." I replied. "Now that is where we serve difficulty, you were found guilty back then of first degree murder as well as evading the law and your involvement in a drug smuggling ring, however I have taken it upon myself to completely erase the remaining 23 years & 10 months left on that outstanding sentence after you fled Litchfield after the riots." She said before taking a breath. "I must now however tell you the charges that  you are held for, these are, gross negligence, evading the law and theft." She said and as she did I let out a sigh of relief, I was expecting to be still charged with Fred's murder.

"Now ladies, I will now expect you to tell me how you are pleading. Alex you go first." The Judge spoke, she was reasonably kind considering. "Not guilty." She spoke and there was an uproar from the media sat in the dock. "SILENCE OR YOU CAN LEAVE!" The Judge shouted and they went quiet. The Judge then turned and looked at me. "Faye, how do you plead?" She spoke to me. "Guilty on all charges except gross negligence." I spoke and she looked a little pissed. "Mrs Marshall, can I ask why you are pleading not guilty to that charge?" She challenged. "I believe that I should not be held responsible for the death of Nicky she chose to come with us and I did not become her legal guardian." I spoke defending myself. "Very well. As you have pleaded not guilty to one charge you will still be on trial for that, but you and Alex will return to this court tomorrow morning where the trial shall start, at the end of the trial Faye I will then tell you the sentence I shall give on the 2 charges you have pleaded guilty to." The Judge said.

We were led out the courtroom and me and Alex were put in a cell for the night. "You are so lucky she's erased your last conviction. You will be out in no less than 10 years!" Alex exclaimed. "I know, I feel like we've been on the run so long that we've committed so many offences they just gave up, maybe being caught that time was a good thing." I said to her. "You know we will be expected to give evidence against each other. They'll make us screw each other over." Alex said "I don't mind if it means your sentence can be reduced a bit." I said trying to reassure her. "And when we go back to Litchfield I'm gunna make sure Piper regrets snitching us out." Alex sneered. "It's going to be hell there, people are going to be out for us." I said worryingly. "Don't worry we can have each other's back." Alex chuckled before we went to sleep.

We both woke up at 5:30am and went and sat in a communal room within the holding cell where we put the news on the TV. "Good morning I'm here outside New York courthouse as convicts Faye Marshall and Alex Vause start the first day of a very long trial. Yesterday Alex pleaded not guilty to the charges against her but Faye pleaded guilty to all but 1 charge but has been the centre of a very hatful campaign overnight as it was confirmed her conviction for the murder of drug lord Fred Ramirez has been wiped clean by the Judge after serving a mere 5 months of a 24 year sentence after she fled Litchfield after the riots more than 3 years ago. So will justice really be served?" A reporter said as we watched the news. "For fuck sake." I sighed. "Police have also been called off for searching for Faye's husband Ben Porter and the couples newly born children as well as Faye's son Kevin who's father was a prison guard when Faye went to prison for GBH almost 7 years ago." The reporter added. "They've called off the search for Ben??" I exclaimed. "In the past few minutes the Judge leading the case has told the press that she has called off the search for Ben and he will no longer be a wanted convict and even encourages Ben to return to the United States so Faye can play a brief part in her children's lives even if she is behind bars." The reporter said before the TV turned off. "It seems the Judge has a soft spot for you." Alex joked as we sat. I can't believe it, I might be able to see my family again.