The villa of dreams

"Drive us to Athens and then we can get another boat across to Heraklion" Alex said speaking for the first time in hours. "Please would be nice, it's not like I haven't slept in hours." I said trying to fuel an argument. "Fuck where did we go so wrong." Alex chuckled. "All we seem to do is rip the absolute shit out of each other." She added. "Pull over. I'll drive." She said and we swapped seats allowing me to get some rest.

We've been travelling for almost 2 days but we finally got to Heraklion. "Good morning ladies." A man said as he sat behind the desk in an estate agent. "We want villas." Alex said bluntly. "She means we want 2 luxury villas in this area. Money isn't an issue." I added. "Well we can't just give you them. How about we meet at the new villas opened just a few miles away and you can view them tomorrow?" He said to me completely ignoring Alex and Piper. "Okay 9:30 sharp." Alex said before walking out rudely with Piper. "Sorry about her we are just tired that's all." I said trying to make excuses. "I know. Surely being wanted convicts is a hard job?" He chuckled and my face dropped. "Don't worry about it, I believe you're all innocent. I'm Ben. Call me?" He said before handing me his number, I took it before smiling and leaving the building.

~Next day~
"Morning ladies." Ben said as he got out his car as we stood baking in the heat. "About time." Alex sneered. "Come on don't be like that." Ben chuckled before inviting us inside. "These villas are equipped with all high tech systems, 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and swimming pools and amazing views of the beach and the countryside." He said. "Wow they are beautiful." I said as I looked outside. "Woah little dude don't touch that." Ben chuckled as Kevin touched a piece of glasswork. "Right here's $1 million, that's mine and Pipers place sorted." Alex said before handing over a cheque. "What do you say Miss? Yay or nay?" He said to me. "I'll take one too." I said before getting out my cheque book.

After hours of signing paperwork we finally got the keys to our new homes. I was excited. A little weird I'm going to be neighbours with my ex wife but oh well. "Right me and Piper are going to our place, see you in the morning Faye." She said to me. "Quite the character isn't she? How come you aren't living together? The news said you guys were married.?" Ben asked. "Yeah we aren't together anymore. Long story." I said before laughing. "What do you say if I took you out sometime?" He said. "Me? An ex convict. I wouldn't want you to get into trouble." I said. "What's life without a little adventure?" He said before looking at me. "Okay why not. Tomorrow at 8?" I said. "I'll see you then." He said before leaving. After he left the door to the bathroom opened and Alex appeared. "Jesus Christ Alex what are you doing?" I hissed at her. It was clear she had been crying. "So that's it? Your moving on?" She said after hearing me and Ben. "Alex he's just a guy who wants to take me out. It's not like we are getting married. He's not even my type." I said trying to make her feel better. "Save it Faye." She said before leaving. Why can't anyone be happy for me?