Fake smile

I stood around for hours waiting for Piper and Alex but there was no sign of them. I know something is wrong. I followed the advice Alex gave me and got to the car we've 'hired' and got inside. 5 hours after we arrived in Italy I got a phone call. "H-hello" I picked up. "Babe it's me we can't talk long. Me and Piper have been arrested." She said "Why?" I replied "We smuggled drugs in our suitcases. So far they don't know who we really are. Go ahead with the plan and go to the apartment and wait." She said before hanging up. "Fucking brilliant" I exclaimed and slammed my hands on the steering wheel which scared Kevin and he started to cry. "Hey it's okay. Mummy didn't mean to shout." I said trying to comfort him.

I started the car and drove the 2 hour journey to our apartment, I lugged my suitcase up the stairs and got settled in. I put Kevin to sleep and went and made myself some dinner. I sat at the table. Alone. Thinking of when we were free citizens and going back to reality and now look at where we are. Criminals, again.

I sat and ate my dinner before there was a knock at the door. I walked over and looked through the peephole and saw Alex and Piper stood outside. I flung the door open and leaped into Alex's arms. "Have they charged you?" I asked "No, Piper saved us with her fluent Italian and managed to persuade them to let us go with a little... tip" she said. I let her and Piper get settled and made them some dinner to before we went to sleep.

Morning soon came and the sun was beaming across the mountain side, I didn't sleep much, I keep thinking about what I saw on Alex's laptop. Does she really want a divorce?. I took the plunge and got the courage to confront her. "Babe?" I asked as she sat at her laptop. "Yeah?" She said and fixed her glasses before looking at me, "The other day I went to use your laptop.... and I saw one of the tabs you had open" I said and immediately her jaw dropped. "Do you really want a divorce?" I said and I started to well up. "No of course not. We were just in such an unhappy situation I just thought it was an option for us. Of course I don't!" She said and hugged me but I could tell she was lying.

"I've been thinking.... maybe just for a while we don't live together." I suggested "And where would you go?" She said. "I'll go to a hotel. Just for a week or so. I can tell your unhappy." I said before going to our room, I packed some of my clothes into a suitcase and grabbed Kevin before emerging back into the lounge. "This is only temporary." I said to Alex as she stood in the hallway. I opened the apartment door and walked downstairs before getting into a taxi which would drive me to a little hotel about 15 miles away. Hopefully we can resolve things.