64- 'There's no place like homecoming'- Jason imagine

Start from the beginning

"I was just wondering if you would like to go to homecoming, but by the sounds of it you already have a date. Don't worry about it." you noticed how he forced a smile on his blushed face and fidgeted nervously. Traipsing through your memory, you couldn't remember a single time that he had attended a school dance, let alone asked someone.

"Actually I don't have a date." You bit your lip as you lied, the words tumbling out of your mouth before you had a proper chance to stop them. His face lit up.

"Uhm. Well, I'll pick you up at 8." He confirmed, heading off before you could change your mind. You lightly rested your head against your locker, squeezing your eyes shut. Knowing how disappointed Jason would be, you pulled your phone out of your pocket. You didn't want to have this conversation in person, as you weren't sure he would understand why you had to go with toby. You sent the text cancelling your plans, promising that you would tell your friends the next day instead.

Between the end of school and 8pm you had bumped into Jason, receiving a scoff from him and a cold shoulder.

Walking up to the front of school, you noticed how anxious toby was. He shook his upper body, breathing out heavily. You tried reassuring him that it would be fine that you'd eat and drink and play games and have a good time. With a newfound confidence he grabbed your hand and lead you inside, with your other hand, you glanced down at your phone. Jason had read the texts you sent him explaining yourself yet there was no reply. Your heart dropped. You coerced a smile onto your face and entered the school hall.

The music was loud, the majority of the students on the dance floor, with a couple of people socialising throughout the room. Spotting your friends shocked faces in the dark blue light, you escorted toby towards them. When you arrived at their group, they all greeted you apprehensively. Noticing the awkward atmosphere, toby offered to get you a drink, leaving you alone with your friends. As soon as he left, they leant in towards you.

"You came with toby?!" Hanna exclaimed, checking to see that he was a far enough distance behind her so she wasn't heard. "You know he's dangerous. He might be working against us. He could be A!" Aria and spencer agreed, backing up Hanna's case.

"But we don't know that for sure and he has always been decent to me." You stated. "I'm not asking you to be friends with him, just be civil for tonight."

The girls never answered, their attention drawn to the entrance once again. Scowling, you twirl around to see Jason. He strolled down the steps Melissa glued to his arm.

"Why is Jason Dilaurentis with my sister? And what is my sister doing at our homecoming?" spencer hissed behind you.

Jason's eyes scanned the room, meeting yours. He wore an impassive expression, quickly focusing his interest back to Melissa and her interactions with the party's guests. His actions were petty, and you were aware that you shouldn't be upset. But nobody knew you were together and now everyone would think that Jason was with her. Jealousy swelled up inside your chest. Without delay toby appeared and you ushered him away to play some games.

"They don't like me, do they?" Toby announced as you stood in line for the beanbag game. Subconsciously, you searched for Jason in the crowd.

"They just don't know you." You assured passively, as you both moved forward in the line. He played with the hem of his jacket, nodding slowly. You weren't about to confess to toby that your glum mood was due to Jason and not the girls disapproval of your choice date. Anyway, If you had chosen to go with Jason, their faces when he walked in with Melissa confirmed that they wouldn't be thrilled with that date choice either.

"Yeah a lot of people don't know me." There was a small pause as the music carried on blasting. "How about we get out of here for a while. The chemistry lab will be quiet, I know the teacher leaves it open at night by mistake." He suggested. Wanting some space from staring eyes, you agreed, heading out of the hall.

The chemistry lab was dark, writing still left on the board from the last lesson of the day. The stools were in odd places, students leaving the room hastily as the bell sounded. It gave the room an eerie feeling. You wandered further in, thinking how different it looked at night.

"It's Jason isn't It." toby declared, meriting a stunned look from you. Placing your bag on the bench closest to you, you weakly denied his statement. You let the emotions inside of you cloud your brain and you found yourself retracting your words, deciding to be honest instead. "The date that you were referring to earlier was Jason wasn't it." Toby pushed further, leaning against the doorframe. You shrugged your shoulders dejectedly. His left hand reached out and tugged the door closed as he moved advanced into the room. "From what the other four were saying, I guess your relationship is a secret." Toby smirked.

You shifted uncomfortably at the topic of conversation. "We all have secrets." You defended. Your phone rang out in your bag. You picked it up, arias name flashing across the screen.

"Don't answer it." toby sternly ordered. You studied him cautiously, noticing his behaviour altering. "I want to tell you what happened last summer. I want you to hear it from me." Shaking your head, you put your phone back in your bag and headed towards the door. As you passed toby he gripped your arm, holding you against one of the benches.

"Toby you're scaring me and I'd like you to let go." You stressed each word, leaning away from him. A text came through on your phone. Peering down, you read the words that made your heart hammer against your chest.

'He's the person who killed Ali, we have the proof. You have to get away. Where are you?'

"Is that them?" toby sneered. Trying to read your messages while you shoved your phone away.

"I have to go now." You spoke shakily. He moved towards you with every step back you took, questioning why you had to go so suddenly. His hands constantly grabbed your arms each time you tugged them away from him. In a panic you pushed his chest. Toby stumbled back into a cabinet, the glass cutting his cheek as the contents fell to the floor. Dazed, he touched the cut, blood soaking his fingertips. When his hand reached up, his top followed, revealing a tattoo on his hip. You scampered to the door, struggling to open it. You could hear his footsteps approaching you, only leading to more panic. You called out for help as you ran down the corridor. Hearing the distant chatter get louder and louder, you quickened your pace. All of a sudden your ankle twisted over in your heels. A Small scream escaped your lips as you fell to the floor.

You felt a warm liquid ooze down your forehead as you attempted to open your eyes, the vision too blurry to make out what was happening. The pain in your wrist and head was overwhelming and you gave in to the darkness once again.

The next day you lay in bed, your wrist strapped up and your head stitched. The police were downstairs questioning your parents about the night before and you were trying to make sense of it yourself. Aria and Emily had dropped in earlier to explain what they had found out. Yet none of it made sense. If toby had wanted to kill you, or wanted you hurt, why did he take you to the hospital? Why not leave you in the corridor or drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you there?

Your train of thought was interrupted as there was a tentative knock on your bedroom door. "Come in." you called. Jason entered, clearly pained to see you injured. He opened his mouth to ask for forgiveness for his actions at homecoming. But you just silenced him, moving over in your bed, lifting the covers up so that he could join you. Cautiously, he got in the bed, cuddling up next to you so your noses were virtually touching. He held your face, tilting it to examine the cut.

"I shouldn't have ditched you for toby." you scrunched up your face, hating it when you have to admit that Jason is right. Jason chuckled, his hair flopping over. "What's so funny?" You quizzed, moving your hand to jokingly punch him when you realised you couldn't.

"We both made a mistake yesterday. I had to stand next to Melissa and smile as she made small talk with the most boring people I've ever met. As long as you're ok, I'd like to forget all about It." you smiled, agreeing, pecking him on the lips to confirm. "I may have to pay a visit to toby though." He teased, a serious note present in his tone of voice.

"I'll tell the girls about us." Jason's perked up. "You're a dork Dilaurentis."

"I'll happily be a dork if it means I get to finally show everyone that I love you." Jason charmed. Giggling, you snuggled against him. The dance played through your mind over and over again as you tried to make a sense of everything you had learnt.