36- returning to rosewood- Jason imagine

Request: for anon.

A Jason imagine where you and Ali were bffs when you were younger and you were dating Jason, but then you break up since you had to move away but you come back to rosewood and you get back together.

A/N: there will be a part 2 coming soon. I haven't read this a second time, so sorry for any spelling mistakes x

Part 1:

Your family and the Dilaurentis family were close. Your parents had moved in next to them before you were born, when Jason was still a baby. Then when Jessica Dilaurentis found out she was pregnant with Alison, your mother also found out she was pregnant. The two of them were best friends and helped each other through the pregnancy. Nine months later, a few days apart, you and Alison were born. Right from when you were babies you spend every moment together, your parents took you to play groups as you grew up, you went to the same school and ran over to each others houses to spend time together.

When you were kids, you Jason and Ali all used to play together, then Jason grew up. At least that's what it looked like, from the age difference you understood why he started staying out later with other friends. But it still hurt. He was as much of a brother to you as he was to Alison. Only you and Jason had a lot less arguments.

So over the next few years it was just you and Alison against the world. Then you met aria, spencer, Emily and Hanna. You met them all separately and quickly bonded. The group of you would trust each other with all your secrets. Except for Alison. She never told the girls her secrets, yet she told you. There was a strong bond between you, stronger than the other girls, that's why you were her 'favourite'.

You and Jason still talked, only a lot less often since his and Alison's relationship had deteriorated. You never knew what happened, you supposed it was because of their parent's favouritism or the fact that Jason had got involved with the wrong crowd.

You knew about his drug habits and you were not in favour of supporting them, but you were in favour of supporting him and that's why you stuck around. You talked to him whenever he needed someone to talk to. He trusted you with his secrets just as much as Alison did.

The only problem was that your feelings for Jason had changed. He was no longer like a brother to you, he was much more. He had taken a part of your heart and you knew every time you spoke to him you fell more and more in love.

Little did you know at the time, he was having exactly the same feelings for you. He didn't act on them for months, he didn't think he deserved you. He didn't want people to stare at you two and whisper because of your age. But one day he just couldn't hold it in anymore.

You were over at their house, having a sleepover, just you and Ali like you did most weekends. Jason wasn't going out that night and he wasn't planning on drinking. He had wanted to give it up for a while, but never had the strength. You being there gave him that strength he needed to put the bottle down.

Ali had popped out to visit some guy, probably Ian. This left you in the house without her. You didn't want to just sit on your own, so you headed into the living room where you knew Jason would be. You were surprised to see that he wasn't drinking.

"Oh... hey." You said as you walked towards the couch. Jason moved his legs over so that you could both fit on.

"Hi. You sound kind of shocked." He observed your tone of voice.

"It's just that... I thought you would be drinking." He looked down for a few seconds, making you think you had upset or offended him. "i-im sorry" you stuttered, turning to face him, resting your hands on his knees.

"no. don't be. I should be the one saying sorry. I hate you seeing me in that state, which is why I'm trying to go sober." He admitted, a smile tugging at his lips.

"That's great!" you cheered, wrapping your arms around him in a bone-crushing hug. "wait." You suddenly said, pulling back. "You're doing this for me?" he nodded shyly, an emotion you had never seen him express before. "Why?" in your heart you were thinking that maybe he liked you, but your head was telling you it was for different reasons.

"Because I." he stopped. He looked as if he was struggling to say what he wanted to say. His eyes met yours and you could see the internal battle he was fighting.

"You can tell me anything." You said calmly, attempting to get him to open up to you.

"I know. I just don't know how you're going to react." These words made you panic. He could be about to deliver devastating news and you didn't know if you could handle it.

"Tell me." You asked him, yet you didn't want to push him.

"I love you."

You didn't recognise the words when they were spoken. Which is why you just sat silently. Your heart had been prepared to break, bracing itself for the impact that was to come. But it never came.

"I'm shouldn't have said anything. You're my sister's best friend. It would be weird."

"I love you too." You confessed, not wanting him to talk himself out of love with you.

"You do?" you nodded your head.

You both decided to tell Alison straight away. She was surprised to see you both in the room when she returned, sitting so closely together. You expected her to be angry. But when she found out she was happy. She hugged you both, commenting on how perfect it was.

The relationship was great, if not awkward in a sweet way sometimes. He had taken you on your first date, where you had your first kiss. You had a lot of firsts with Jason and your feelings only kept growing.

Then one day your world fell apart.