21- they cheat- Toby

A had been in your life for a while and you had been constantly living in fear of their next move. It also had an effect on your boyfriend, toby. He hated the fact that he couldn't protect you, that the police were practically useless and often corrupt. So he decided he wanted to become a police officer. You were supportive, liking the idea of having someone you can trust on the inside.

He had to go away for a while to do a training course but He came home not long after, surprising you by turning up at your door unexpected. He visited the police station for a job interview, whilst you waited in the car for support, chewing on your finger nails anxiously. You opened a window, the heat too overwhelming. You noticed toby jog down the stairs towards the car, a serious expression on his face, making you sit up straight. He opened the car door and sat down beside you, resting his head on the seat.

"How did it go?" you asked, reaching over to place a hand on his leg.

"They offered me a place..." he said, a huge grin tugging at the corner of his lips. You sprung forward, pulling him close to you, congratulating him.

He had to work a lot of the time. You knew the job was important and it was what he wanted, but the amount of work he received was excessive. What bothered you most was that he never took your calls, even though you made sure you rang hours after his shift was meant to be over.

This led you to believe he was being dishonest. That he was seeing someone else behind your back. In your head it made sense, the lack of contact, how he never talked to you; if you wanted to talk to him, you would have to be the one to call or text.

So you sat and waited, alone in the kitchen. You knew he would stop off here, after all your calls and texts. You did wonder if you were being a clingy, paranoid girlfriend. However you were past the point of blaming yourself. Whatever happened to your relationship was not because of you. You put everything you could into making him happy.

He stopped by later in the night, so late you had fallen asleep where you were sat, the lights still on. He shut the door, louder than he intended to, causing you to jump awake.

You rubbed your eyes, preparing yourself for the conversation you knew wasn't going to go well.

"Toby sit down" you said, pulling out the chair beside you. He observed your tense posture, cautiously making his way over to sit down.

"I need to know the truth..." you started "what are you really doing after work?"

"Working y/n. I have to do the extra work required." He said soothingly, his hands edging towards yours.

"Yes but you stay hours after work."

"It's easier than bringing all of it home." He explained. It seemed so obvious, but you knew something else.

"I called the station the other day. Pam answered. I asked her if you were there. She said no, yet you said you were." He sighed, running his fingers through his hair.

"No, I wasn't there." He admitted.

"So where were you?" you demanded to know the answer, your heart not being able to take anymore.

"I was at another officer's house. She said she could help me with the work." You rested your head in your hands. You were right, he was spending his time with another woman.

"I bet she helped you a lot" you snapped.

"y/n. you know I love you right?" he said, finally realising what the problem was. You didn't answer instead you stood up, walking away. He grabbed your arm, spinning you round.

"I am not cheating on you. Honestly. I love you y/n. no one else." He stated, releasing your arm. You looked into his eyes, seeing that he was being honest. You fell into his chest, clutching onto his shirt. He held you up, kissing you on the top of the head.

"I'm so sorry, I thought you were cheating and then it all made sense and." He silenced you, cupping your cheek in his hand.

"I'm the one who should be apologising. I never wanted to make you feel that way. It's just that I've had a lot of work..."

"I know. Work is important. I'm so sorry."

You stayed in each other's arms all night. Toby still had to work a lot, but you were ok with that, knowing he loved you and would never cheat.