15- you think they are A- Ezra

"Y/n... I don't know how to put this any other way but, Ezra is board shorts..." spencer said cautiously, waiting for your reaction. You didn't say anything. You didn't need to. You knew about spencer's addiction to drugs and you thought that this was just some theory she had invented as a result. Over the next week you ignored her, noticing how erratic her behaviour had become.

One night you went over to Ezra's apartment to visit him. You were pouring yourself a drink and decided that it would be a good idea to tell him what your so called 'friends' were thinking.

"Spencer's come up with this whole theory about how you knew Alison before she went missing." You could hear him stop his work.

"What did she say?" he responded, sounding uneasy.

"That you are 'board shorts' and that you could be A."

"Do you believe them?" he pushed for an answer and you shook your head. He sighed, sounding relieved although his tense posture remained. He excused himself, saying he was going to go out and get food for the two of you. You settled down and then you received a text off spencer.

-Don't trust him y/n! He could be A.

You deleted the message, tucking your phone away, back into your pocket. But a voice in your head created a lot of uncertainty. Spencer was always good at playing the detective role, what if she was right? If she was, there had to be some proof in the room you were sat in. so you searched. You knew you didn't have long so you purposely looked in the strangest places. It was then you found it. Pictures of you. Your friends. Sheets of paper about your lives. He really was A.

You had all of the evidence laid out on his coffee table as he walked through the door. He failed to notice the tears on your face as he started unpacking the food in the kitchen.

"How could you?" you croaked, your voice rough from crying. It was then he came and stood over you, alarmed by what you had discovered.

"It's not what it seems y/n." he said warily, edging around the table to crouch in front of you.

"You knew Alison." You muttered, struggling to understand that the relationship had been one big lie.

"Yes, but I was writing a book!" he defended, trying to explain himself. But it just made things worse.

"Did you know me?" tears had started to gather in your eyes again.

"y/n...." he said soothingly, but it only fueled your anger.

"Did you know who I was when we met?" you yelled, demanding an answer. You desperately wanted to hear that it wasn't true but everything he said indicated that it was.

"Yes...." He confessed, reaching out to take your hand. You didn't need to hear anymore, you wanted to get as far away from him as possible. So you grabbed your things and left.

It was after that you realised you not only lost the guy you love, but your best friend as well. In an attempt to regain your friendship with spencer, you visited her house. you were aware how bad you looked; your makeup smeared down your face. Therefore when she opened the door she knew exactly what happened. You expected her to make some comment along the lines of 'I told you so' but instead she pulled you inside, onto the sofa and held you.

"I-I should have listened" you sobbed into her shoulder.

"Sshh" she leant back to look at you. "You're my best friend. Nothing is going to change that." You whispered you were sorry over an over until the tears finally stopped. Your feelings for Ezra had been utterly destroyed. You were unable to look at him the same way again. He was going to always be your first love but certainly not your last.