29- they cheat- Mike- part 2

You tried to avoid both of them throughout the day. You were successful until the bell signalling the end of the day rang. You practically ran out of class, hoping to avoid them. But as you approached your locker, you saw mike standing in front of it. Deciding to leave our locker and just go home, you turned around, only to be met with Mona.

"Y/n. I was going to tell you, I just didn't know how..." she said regretfully. You weren't going to forgive her that easily. Your heart was broken and it was her fault.

"I know what you are thinking. But he came to me. I wasn't looking to hurt you y/n." she explained. You knew you shouldn't be mad. Of course she liked him. Why wouldn't she. And he clearly liked her not you. You mumbled a goodbye, heading out of the door.

You needed time to heal. You didn't want to lose your friendship with either one, but you didn't want to watch them together either. So you stuck to simply texting them every once in a while, keeping yourself busy so you had an excuse not to actually see them.

A few weeks later you figured it was time to talk to them, or at least to Mona, you didn't know what to say to mike.

You found them sat outside, messing around together. They looked happy together. They stopped when they noticed you there, a shy smile on your lips, almost as an apology for ignoring them.

Mona walked over, telling mike that she'd be back in a minute, before pulling you over to the side.

"Hi" she said, not quite sure where to start.

"Mona, I'm sorry. It wasn't fair for me to get mad."

"I know you were hurt y/n, and I really didn't mean to be the cause."

"It's ok Mona..."

"No its not and I'm sorry." She glanced over to mike, gesturing for him to join them.

Mike wandered over, slipping his hand into Mona's hand.

"Hey y/n." he said, you smiled, greeting him as well.

"I'm sorry mike, for acting.... Strange the last few weeks."

"It's ok, but why?" you froze, not knowing what to say. For some reason no excuse came into your mind. You couldn't tell him how you felt.

"It's weird, your two best friends dating. She kind of feels like the third wheel." Mona explained, noticing the panic in your eyes. You smiled at her, expressing a silent thank you.

"Oh, well I suppose that's understandable. I guess we'll have to get you a boyfriend." Mike joked. Although it hurt, you laughed. You agreed with him, not wanting to make the situation awkward, but the last thing you wanted right now was a boyfriend. You'd dealt with enough heart ache over the last few weeks to last a lifetime.