52- A lifetime ago- Jason imagine- part 2

Part two:

Words: 1247

The next few days were hard, avoiding your boss was not easy, especially when you were new and the whole area was see through. But you couldn't avoid it one afternoon when he sent for someone to bring you to his office. You walked in to see his head down, scribbling notes onto a piece of paper. The way his hair fell across his face made you remember the times you would do work together, you doing school work whilst he did his college work.

"y/n y/l/n" he stated. You missed his voice and the sound of your name coming from him made you melt. You were so used to hearing this name, the other wasn't you anymore. "Please, take a seat." He motioned, eyes still trained on the desk. You took this opportunity to sit and get a good look of the room. Your eyes landed on his girlfriend sat to your right, slightly further back than Jason in an arm chair. You had been so focused on him, you never even saw her, but she clearly saw the way you looked at him, judging by the fierce look she was giving you.

He finally stopped looking at his work and lifted his head. He froze as soon as he did, turning a pale colour, like he'd seen a ghost. You supposed to him, he had seen a ghost. He mumbled your old name, too quiet for his girlfriend to hear, but loud enough for you to know what he said. It was silent for a few minutes and you were just looking at each other. In any situation like this you would leave, but he had called you to his office for a reason, he was your boss and you needed this job.

"We wanted to welcome you to the company. Isn't that right sweetie?" his girlfriend said, not liking the connection between her boyfriend and you.

"Yes. Welcome Mrs y/l/n" he forced a smile, still a pale colour.

"Actually its miss." You corrected politely, unable to stand the atmosphere much longer you looked around the room again.

"We just wanted to make a formal introduction. I'm Nicole crew and this is Jason Dilaurentis." She nudged Jason, now standing next to him.

"We hope you enjoy your time here." he seemed to have gathered himself a bit more and you left as soon as you could. You didn't realise the tense feeling in your chest until you returned to your office.

You tried to do your work, but you saw Jason looking at you out of the corner of your eye. The uncomfortable feeling stayed with you until the end of the day, when you quickly gathered your things and rushed to the lift.

You quickly pressed the button for the first floor, but Jason slipped through the gap before the doors fully closed.

"We need to talk." He stated, standing next to you, but not looking at you.

"I suppose we do."

"I have a lot of questions y/n..." there was something in his voice that made your heart ache, a sort of broken tone.

"I know." There wasn't much else to say, and you didn't quite know where to begin. He reached over and stopped the elevator, just before you got to the ground floor.

"Just, let me say what I know and you say if it's true or not." You agreed to this, as you saw him struggle to come to terms with what was happening.

"We dated." "True" "you died" "false" "you left" "true" "because of A?" "True" "without me" "true" "because you didn't love me" "false."

"How could you love me and make me think that you were dead?" he asked, hurt evident in his voice.

"A was going to kill us. I had to leave so that you could live." You hadn't ever said it out loud and the sudden realisation of your actions hit you hard. Your life sounded like it came out of a movie. You couldn't believe you put your family and friends through that, when you weren't even certain A was actually going to kill you.

"I'm so so sorry... I thought it would be better if you lived a long life without me, rather than a short one with me." You cried, tears spilling over onto your cheeks. You didn't even bother to wipe them away, knowing there would probably be more. "I was right. You've made such an amazing life for yourself."

His posture completely changed as he became stiffer.

"You're right. I was better off with you gone. Better to live and have a successful business, all the luxuries life can offer and an amazing girlfriend." He started the lift and only seconds later you arrived on the ground floor. You left quickly, wiping your face so no one noticed. Jason's words hurt a lot, the thought that he couldn't have achieved what he had if he was with you dominated your thoughts.

If you had stayed, where would he be? Still running his dads business? Maybe he would have never finished school? Maybe you would have ran away together and had to have started from the bottom? Maybe he would be dead...

You could help but think how poisonous you were to him, how bad an influence you had been, even though you tried to steer him in the right direction. When he was with you he didn't have any motivation to start his own business, that came once you were gone.

You got home and read you post, seeing an elegant envelope in with all the bills. It was a crisp white, with black swirls creating a border, your surname carefully hand written in black ink.

When you opened it up, you saw it was an invitation to a dinner party.

"Dear y/n y/l/n,

As our newest employee, we would be honoured if you would attend the charity dinner being held at the Dilaurentis manor this Saturday night.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Dilaurentis and Nicole crew."

You exhaled deeply, knowing that they must've sent it out before he discovered who you were. You pondered whether or not you should go, but since it was a charity event, you felt as if you had no choice.

It was then you realised you had nothing to wear, and only really one friend in rosewood, all your other friends were back in the city you had lived in before. Robert was the only one who was kind and talked to you, you made an effort with other people, but they were always too busy.

So you called him on your phone.

"Hello y/n, what's up?"

"Have you been invited to this charity dinner?"

"Yes, everyone has. Nicole will do anything to look good in the public eye. But hey, at least there's free food."

"Thank goodness you're going, at least I'll know someone. I was going to ask you, what do I wear?"

"You don't have anything? That's great!"

"Why is it great, I don't want to look bad?"

"I know exactly what you should wear I'll bring it into work tomorrow."

Your phone call was quickly ended by Luke walking into the room, asking you to put him to bed. You grabbed one of his favourite books and read to him until he eventually drifted off. You sat with him until your daughters bed time, watching over him to make sure he didn't have any nightmares, then you did the same for her.