30- they cheat- Jason- part 3

Your encounter with Jason had made things worse. You didn't know what to think anymore and your mood had deteriorated faster than anyone could've imagined. Hanna constantly apologised for setting up the date, but you told her it was ok. It wasn't her fault. They tried to help you again, but it was like you were stuck in one continuous loop.

You would spend days upset. Then angry. Then you would calm down and go out. You would then see him and the whole cycle would start again.

It was so bad spencer had decided to get involved, as Jason was her half-brother. You begged her not to. You knew she could unintentionally make things worse, but she did it anyway as a last resort.

You were in the living room one day, curled up on the sofa. You had settled down with a blanket and cup of tea and started to watch the TV. Then there was a knock on the door. You went to answer it, dragging the blanket along with you. You opened it, your eyes going wide as you did the first thing that came into your head and slammed the door.

There was another knock and you ignored it, but didn't have the courage to walk away. Instead you slid down the door until you were sat on the floor. You were sat with your back against it and he did the same. He could see your shadow under the door, so he knew you were still there.

"Y/n. I need to explain. No excuses, you need the truth." Jason said through the door. For the first time in weeks you agreed with him. He took your silence and lack of movement as a good thing and continued.

"That night was tough. I know that's no excuse...but I need to give you the whole story. I found out Alison was alive."

"What?!!?" you yelled. Why didn't the girls tell you, your missing/ dead friends was actually alive?

"I take it they didn't tell you, in order to save things from getting worse." He sighed, yet he was relieved to hear your voice.

"I didn't know what to think, as awful as it sounds, I was unsure whether I was happy or... sad...disappointed. I don't know." He took a deep breath. "Then Cece came over and knocked on the door." You cringed at the sound of her name from his mouth. "She brought a pizza. I think she knew, that I knew about Alison. She walked in and put it on the table. I wanted answers and I thought she could give me them. She told me something about Alison being kidnapped. I don't know if I believe her though. We ate. Then I said goodbye and she left."

You shifted in the spot you were sat in, pulling the blanket over you to make it more comfy and tilting your head so you could hear him better.

"Then I went out into the garden. I needed some fresh air. Some space to think. Then Cece came back. She must've knocked on the door but I didn't hear her, so she walked around to where I was. She sat down next to me and we started to talk about Alison again. Specifically about that summer. She said she was going to go and get some tissues and then headed inside the house. When she came back out her manner had changed. She was more emotional but I think it was fake, I guess she had seen you in the house and decided to do what she normally does. She wanted to create drama and ruin both our happiness. She came and sat by me, very close. She wrapped my arm around her and I admit I didn't stop her. I saw no harm in it. Then I heard a sob and she started tracing patterns on my thigh. I tried to stand up and go to you, but she pulled me down."

You stood up. He heard you move, thinking you had left, so he thumped the back of his head against the door in annoyance at himself. You placed your hand on the door handle, contemplating whether or not to open it. You chose to open it. What you weren't expecting was for him to be leaning against the door. He fell into your legs when you opened it, knocking you over.

You grounded, reaching up to where you bumped your head.

"I'm so sorry." You both said at the same time. He was the first up, reaching down to pull you up as well. He had his hands on your arms, only a few inches between you. He noticed your discomfort at being so close so took a step back, letting you go.

"What happened after I left?" you asked, scanning his face for any signs of a lie.

"I turned to her and told her to get off me. She smiled and said that you deserved it. She wasn't very happy with you. Then she left."

"She left?"

"Yes nothing happened." You nodded your head, seeing he wasn't lying.

"What about the other night when you were at the restaurant together?"

"I called her to meet up. I wanted to talk about why she did it. I wanted to make sure she would never do it again." You nodded your head.

"I was on a date." You admitted, wanting to tell him the truth as well.

"I know, Hanna told me. If I had known you were there that night, I wouldn't have gone."

"It wasn't like you planned it, its ok." You gave him a small smile.

"I was such an idiot outside the restaurant. I didn't know what to say... I love you. Not her. I don't know if I ever loved her. She was cruel; she loved to play game" he paused, as if remembering the past. "I suppose I wasn't in a great frame of mind that summer."

"I want us to fix this." You said. You could see the hope in his eyes, yet you were still slightly apprehensive.

"I do too. I know it will take time. I want to make it up to you. I will make it up to you."