11. you think they are A- Jason

You and Jason were lying in bed talking. You snuggled close to each other, enjoying each other's company. It was early in the morning and you had been sleeping over at Jason's since the Halloween train. You were scared that A was going to attack you just like they did to aria. You found comfort in being together, it calmed your nerves and helped Jason when he saw Alison's body. Jason rolled over, his shirt lifting up slightly. You noticed a large bandage covering his side. You gasped, asking him what happened. He said he injured himself whilst gardening so you dropped the subject. However one day you wandered into the room when he was redressing it. He saw you and turned away, trying to hide the injury. You thought this was very odd and couldn't help but think that the wound resembled an injury made by a screwdriver...

You ignored this thought and continued like normal, although your relationship wasn't the same. He had become more distant over time, going out at random hours for unknown reasons. When he was out you were left on your own with your thoughts. Could Jason really be A? No. he wouldn't do that to you. But his relationship with Ali wasn't great so maybe his is on the A-team, not big A. after all, he was the one who came up with the N.A.T club that spied on you and your friends.

The last straw was when you found out he had befriended Mona once she had been released from Radley.

"How could you!" you yelled, after he had spent the evening with her.

"Y/n why are you reacting like this! She was your friend" he said back, trying not to raise his voice, although you could hear the annoyance in his tone.

"Yes. Was. She was my friend. Then she made my life a living hell!" you exclaimed as if it was obvious.

"She was ill, I l know what it's like for everyone to look down on you. I'm just helping her."

"Helping her with what Jason? With her plans to ruin my life?" the words left your mouth before you could stop them. His whole demeanour changed. Now he was the one who was angry.

"You think I'm A don't you?" he didn't give you time to speak "or that I'm helping A?" he backed off. His voice no longer loud, but a whisper instead as he realised what you truly thought."If you don't trust me that much, we're over." You stared at him, not believing this was happening. You loved him despite recent events. He walked out the door, not looking back.

It felt like your world fell apart. He was a huge part of your life and it felt like you had lost a leg, part of you that was keeping you stood up. Keeping you sane in a world ruled by A. having your heart broken made it easier to see all the evidence against him, but you still defended him. The others were always suspicious of him especially Emily and Aria. Over time your heart healed and you moved on, at least, that's what you told yourself. You wouldn't admit that you missed his touch, his smile, his voice. But you kept away from him as much as possible, avoiding any awkwardness.

You were sat in the brew when your phone buzzed. You looked down seeing a message from Aria.A picture was attached and the message said

'A is a girl'.

You nearly dropped your phone, your mouth opening in shock. At that moment Jason walked in through the door. Noting your expression he hurried over. He read the message and dragged you out the door to speak with you in private.

"So A's a girl..." you stated, looking at the picture again.

"Listen.... y/n. breaking up with you was the worst thing I've ever done. I understand why you suspected me, Ali showed me the evidence. Even I wondered if I was A."

"You're not mad anymore...." You said, still unable to look at him.

"No. I was only mad at you that night, after that, I was mad at myself."

"Why? You didn't do anything wrong."

"I didn't try to fix our relationship. I ignored you. I didn't let you explain." You could see him getting emotional so you instinctively moved closer.

"I still love you" he admitted. "I know it will take time to build trust again, but I want to fix this."

"So do I." you never thought you would let Jason back into your heart, but when he leaned forward and kissed you, you realised he never left.