Chapter 8 - Who said pregnant meant helpless?

Start from the beginning

Then something else came across her nose. A rag. It stank like hell as it went against her nose, blocking the smoke, but filling Julia's head with some other smell that stank and made her head spin as she tried to breathe through it. 

Suddenly, just like that, she fell asleep. 

Julia woke in the back of a van, the vibration of an engine going, her hands tied behind her back and the sense of being bump-bump-bumped against something soft. Not a mattress, that would have freaked her out big time, but something soft. Vans? Weren't those the things that lured little kids with puppies and were used to rape people? Okay, so they were also used by trade people, but Julia's instincts went with the 'little kids and rape' part, knees tightened automatically, and she felt her heart kick up a gear in response. 

The ropes around her wrists were tight but Julia had always had small hands. Useless for hand-to-hand stuff. Apparently, she found as she wriggled and squeaked into the gag, extremely useful for slipping out of ropes.

Actually, she really wanted to vomit. Really wanted to vomit. That peanut butter jelly sandwich was already starting to prepare itself for launch.  This urge made Julia's hands really work to get the hell out of the bindings, she did not want to vomit in her own throat, how gross would that be? She tore her hands out of it, ignoring the pain that came with the sudden movement, and yanked the gag down out of her mouth.

She threw up, the sound of the van overpowering any sound she made, the peanut butter jelly sandwich now no longer so yummy. Ew. Julia made a face as she tried to wipe her face, tried to ignore the smell of vomit, turning around to see and get what was going on. 

"We've got company."

The words made her heart sped up. Had they noticed she was free? Julia froze like a startled bunny. Hands clenched into the soft ground of the van, clawing into it, waiting for them to pounce. They didn't. They didn't even look back. They were looking at something else out the window. Lights hit the van from behind, the rev of another engine, and this one sped up faster.

"I'll call them and let them know." A woman replied. 

Them?

"Where did they say they'd meet us?" There was a man driving. His voice was unusually soft though. Like a woman. 

"An hour from the border. So they're about ten minutes away. Shit. Got a message about the Alpha. He's coming after us already."

Julia started inching towards the front as they spoke soft tones. She heard the sound of a gun.. A gun? Were they fucking nuts? 

"He's on his own? Told you. She looked young but she has to be the one. We'll have to update our reports about the pre-" The woman swore when she saw Julia.

Julia pressed a pipe against the man's head, just out of view of the woman, and hissed, "You better fucking pull this van over and let me out or I'll blow your brains all over the steering wheel."

"We'll crash."

There was a pause. A long drawn out pause. The woman stared at Julia, hands going up, dropping the gun.

Julia gestured at her. "Yeah, exactly. So it's better for all of us if you let me out and keep driving. Throw that gun at me, bitch. You think kidnapping a pregnant chick means she's helpless? Come on." Yes, okay, not the traditional werewolf thing. Also not her usual 'ban war and sunshine for all' thing. Julia was cranky, hungry, and about to vomit again. The car slowed slightly as the woman handed it over. Julia grinned. Dropped the pole and shot the woman in the leg. Accidentally, of course.