Ch.19

I hear soft snores escape Ashton's mouth, guess he fell asleep. I rest my head on Brandon's shouder since he's sitting beside me and he rests his head on my head. We all fall asleep in that position.

I wake up to Mom shaking me. "Yeah?" I ask her.

"Why does it look like you were all crying?" She whispers.

"It's because of your stupid boyfriend." I say rolling my eyes.

"He is not stupid!" She says as her voice raises.

"Is too! He was trying to make Ashton pick up his cigarette buds! When Ashton said he wasn't allowed to touch them John slapped him in the face! Look the mark is still there! It's bruising Mom! Ashton said he's been here ever since we left and he's been too scared to do anything! He wouldn't even call us because he was afraid he would hear him!" I say as my voice goes from calmly talking to yelling.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She asks. I shake my head no.

"I'm breaking up with him right now." She says and runs upstairs.

I shake Ashton and Brandon awake.

"Guys, she's breaking up with hi-" I'm cut off by a scream.

We all jump up and run to the room to see my mom holding her face and sitting on the floor.

"Kids get out!" Mom yells.

We all run downstairs and Brandon and I take Ashton outside. Brandon takes out his phone and calls 911.

Brandon tells them what's happening and our address and they say they're on their way.

I sit down on my knees and hug Ashton as he cries since he's scared.

We hear sirens and Brandon tells them where they are, they tell us to stay outside though. The men come out with Hunter in handcuffs and Hunter is yelling, "What did I do?"

I run up to the officers with Brandon and Ashton following me, "That's the wrong guy! He's my brother!" I yell.

The officers look at eachother and uncuff the handcuffs. We all look at the house and see the door slam open and John runs from the house. All the police officers take off after him. We run inside and go to the room with my mom.

"Mommy are you okay?" Ashton asks.

"Mommy?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I'm so sorry I didn't know Ashton. Next time come to mommy okay?" She says.

Ashton nods and hugs her.