Ch.18

I wake up to yelling. My eyes flutter open and I see John yelling at Brandon. "Why are you telling Ashton he doesn't have to listen to me?" John yells.
"He doesn't have to pick up your cigarette buds! He's 10!" Brandon yells.
"Did I ask for his age? No!" John yells.
"Well my little brother doesn't need to pick up your shit! It's a cigarette bud! He's not allowed to touch them! And he shouldn't have to pick up any of your crap!" Brandon yells.
"Do you want to do it?" John yells as he gets angrier.
"Shut the hell up! Get away from my brother! Stop yelling at him! And my little brother doesn't need to pick up any of your crap, and even if he could NO CIGARETTE BUDS YOU FREAKING IDIOT!" I yell at him.
"You don't yell at me! You weren't even in this conversation!" John yells at me.
"I don't care! I don't have to be, I wake up to you yelling at my twin brother about my little brother! Where is Mom and Hunter?" I ask.
"At the store. Ashton is downstairs crying because SOMEONE is actually abusive." Brandon tells me.
"Stay away from my brothers and me, okay?" I say as I grab Brandon's arm and walk out slamming the door.
I hug Brandon and ask, "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, Ashton isn't. I just walked downstairs and see John yelling for him to pick up his buds, and Ashton told him he's not allowed to touch cigarettes. John got mad and slapped him right across the face." Brandon says tearing up.
I pull away from the hug and say, "Let's go check on Ash."
We run downstairs and see Ashton sitting down on the couch staring at the floor.
"Hey Ash, you okay?" I ask sitting by him.
He shakes his head no and sits on my lap.
He wraps his arms around me and starts crying, "I don't want him here anymore! He's been here ever since you left."
"Ashton you should've called us." I tell him as I start to tear up. It hurts to see my baby brother so scared of a person.
"I was scared he would hear me." Ashton whispers.
"I'm here now, stay with me or Brandon at all times okay?" I say to him.
"Okay." He says wiping his tears.