Part 38: Fight around the camp fire

Naruto's POV

Outside, it wasn't fully dark so you could clearly see the sunset behind the hill. I saw people from other classes holding wooden sticks and carrying them to a pile of firewood. Each group was making it own campfire place.

Sakura is really good at organising and stuff so she quickly assign us with different tasks. Lee and Neji need to bring the wood, Ino and Choji will bring food, and the rest of us will have to bring benches and timber logs so people can sit on it.

I started walking behind Shikamaru and Kiba. They were caught up in interesting conversation about building machines but I didn't feel like taking a part in it. At the moment the only thing in my mind was Sasuke. Not much of a surpuse, heh?

"Ah and if that's not Naruto-chan"

Oh brother.. this voice..

"Sai.. what's up" I asked without really wanting him to reply

"Nothing really, you just look pretty upset.. Would you like some comfort?"

I sighed in frustration before replying

"No, dude I don't. But even if I did, it wouldn't be from you"

"Ah I see"

I gave him a quick look and saw him licking his lips

"What about Sasuke?"

The second he mentioned his name, I stopped walking and raised my eyebrows at him, ready to argue

"I mean.. does he want some of it"

I let out a quick, sarcastic laugh and shook my head at him " He doesn't need it or anything else that comes from you".

After saying this, I turned around and tried to reach Shikamaru and Kiba who were quite ahead of me.

I could feel my heart beating really fast because I was angry. In fact, I was really near to punching him... Only if he meant what I actually think he meant.. I don't know what I'm gonna do..

"Hey, Naruto! Over here!" Looks like Kiba found some nice tree trunks we could sit on.

"You and Shikamaru can carry one of them together, I can take another one by myself" I said

"Wow.. you really are strong for a 15 years old guy, you know?" Kiba looks at me in amazement

"Hah, I suppose..."

"Okay, we are gonna come back in a while if you need help" and then they left "oh that's heavy.. " I heard them say

As I was about to grab the tree trunk I noticed Sasuke coming towards me from.. the forest!?!

"Why.. are you.." I stoped what I was saying because as he came closer, I noticed that his cheeks are red... Was he flushing..?

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

I didn't answer his quiestion, because I was too busy staring at him trying to understand what was wrong.. when.. Deidara came out from the same spot of the forest as.. Sasuke.. He saw me staring at him and.. winked!?

My heart rate quickened again. Were they.. together in there..?

Sasuke noticed that I was looking at something and followed my gaze.

"Naruto-"

"Yes I would like to know why he came after you ?" I looked at him with sharp eyes

"Coincidence" Sasuke replied while casually putting his hands in his pants pockets "Would you like help with that..?"