Part 10: Defend yourself

Naruto's POV

After what happened with Sai, I ran away because I was feeling my chest tightening. I was about to get panic attack... I hid myself behind the school building, hoping that no one will see me.

But who am I kidding. How can I hide from the smartest person I know... Sasuke found me.

He sounded worried. I didn't want him seeing me like that.. I didn't want him to laugh at me.. and he didn't. He just pat my head, gently.

"Teme, are you trying to comfort me?" I said finally after calming down

"No.." He said unsure

"Liar" I smiled and looked at him "you know what Sasuke.. you are really kind person"

His eyes widened

"And I really like you because of it" I laughed

He kept staring at me... And then started blushing

"Ah I'm sorry hehe" I scratched my neck "I like saying what's on my mind. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable"

I really feel like he would be the perfect older brother, husband, and father. How can someone like him exists..

"It's okay... I suppose" he said after couple minutes silence

Sasuke .. only if you knew how highly I think of you...

"Do you..feel better..? I mean.. we have PE so... If you don't want to play..?"

"Do you know how happy my absence will make Sai? I couldn't possibly do that!!! I'm not a sucker!!" I said confidently. I don't want Sasuke worrying about me and I don't want Sai to think I'm scared of him..

"Hah. Yeah I would never think of you as a sucker" he smirked

"Haha, Was that supposed to be a dirty joke?" I laughed

"No way" Sasuke smiled widely and got up from the place he was sitting

"It was totaly a dirty joke!!" I chuckled "wow, I didn't think you are the type of person who makes any jokes"

"Whatever floats your boat, Dobe"

After that we headed back to class. I'm so glad I met Sasuke. It's been only a week but our relationship changed a lot compared to the first day we met.

......................................................................

We already missed 20 mins or so of the lesson but we had double PE class today so it was fine.

We used my leg as an excuse why we were late. I just washed it with water because it wasn't too serious.

"We started playing football a while ago ma bois" Guy sensei said to me and Sasuke. "You can join either Neji's or Lee's team" not a big choice ... But I would definetelly prefer to be in a team with Lee rather than the guy who bullied Hinata. I mean what would anyone have against her? She is so calm and quiet all the time... As I was thinking that Lee came up to me.

"Naruto-kun! I would like to challenge you! Whoever scores-"

"Look at his leg Lee" Sasuke cut Lee before he could challenge me at anything

"Oh I see.. Then we can be in the same team!!! I will help you win! Nobody will take advantage of disabled person like you if I'm arround!"

"D-disabled?" I rises an eyebrow "I'm not disabled Lee!"

"Disabled or not, you won't win" I heard Neji saying from behind me "if you play football the same way as basketball..." He was trying to make fun of me, huh?