Part 21: Intruder in the house

Naruto's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, finding myself in Sasuke's room. I sat up and looked around. Where is Sasuke?

I got up and walked to the bathroom "Sasuke?" . There was no sign from him here. Hoping that I'll have more luck downstairs, I headed towards the living room, but again, there was nobody there. However, a sweet smell cought my nose and made my stomach rumble.

"Food!!" I finally smiled and ran towards the kitchen where I found a Chinese take away waiting for me on the counter

"Hello, beautiful!" I clapped my hands and started opening the boxes

"Hello to you too"

I turned around and there was Sasuke, leaning against the doorway

"Sasuke!!" I ran to him and hugged him "where were you!?" I said while rubbing my face in his chest

"I.. was.." he said with an awkward voice " in the library.." Sasuke gently put one of his hands on my lower back "I kept looking for clues"

I jumped away from him and asked "what happened.. whith me?"

Sasuke looked down at me and scratched the back of his neck "I should be the one asking you that. How could you faint from excitement? Are you an old man?" He shook his head

"Fainted from excitement?" I repeated his words, not breaking eye contact "oh that's right... Was it because I saw pictures of my parents?"

He let out a small sigh "well.. it definetelly wasn't because I was proposing to you"

My eyes widened and I then I grinned like crazy "Have you ever thought about it"

"I was joking you, Idiot. Get your food and let's go in the living room"

I looked at the boxes and asked "Sasuke did you order this?"

"No, Santa brought it for you"

"Aww don't be shy. You actually like me don't you?" I joked

He didn't answer, just grabbed some of the takeway and headed to the living room. We watched "Doctor Who" and the news channel while eating. To be honest, having meal with Sasuke seemed so .. natural. We exchanged a few funny stories meanwhile and I laughed sincerely at each one of them. Sasuke seemed to be enjoying himself quite a lot as well. The only thing that dissapoints me is that I spend 3 hours sleeping, rather than be with him.

"Sasuke did you carry me to my room?" I asked him immediately after the question popped in my head

He didn't take his eyes of the TV and simply said "Hn"

"Thank you"

Sasuke is definetelly a great person. On the other side I'm..

"Are you thinking of how amazing I am, again ?" Before I notice his eyes tuned to me

"Y-yeah" I blushed a bit and Sasuke gave me a cool smirk

"Of course you did. Meanwhile, I finished going through most of the books in the library, but I didn't find anything connected with your clan"

"I see.." I smiled at him. "I'm not dissapointed, you know. I never thought I'll get to have a picture of my parents with me. I must thank you for going through all this trouble" I said looking down at my food "I owe you. So if there is anything I could do for you, someday, just name it, hehe"

"I'll consider your offer" he smiled "but there is still the question what was the relationship between our parents" Sasuke's mood darked a bit

"Yeah" I agreed "you could ask but.. won't they ask why you went in the library and got the picture.. and especially, why do you care? I mean.. usually you are pretty indifferent towards anything so when you show sudden interest in something, your dad will definetelly grow suspicious"