Part 29: Lost with Konohamaru

Naruto's POV

I wiped the tears off my face, because I didn't want anyone to see that I'm crying but I guess people could tell, by my red eyes. I don't understand the situation .. did I just got confessed to and then.. rejected in less than 5 minutes? Why would Sasuke tell me that he likes me back if he doesn't want to.. be with me..

"Hey Narutoo!" Kiba came running into the bus

"Yes..?"

"The bus that Kakashi was on came back because it has empty paces so some of us can get on it and the other the rest can wait for another bus. Which one do you choose?"

"Well.. what did Sasuke choose..?"

"Hmm.. I'm pretty sure he said that he wants to stay and wait"

"I'm... I'm gonna get on Kakashi's bus" after all I have to be there before down for Itachi and.. I can't even look at Sasuke without feeling depressed

"Ok, take your bag and come"

I did so and the moment I got off, the bus arrived

"Huh..? It's half empty" I mumbled

"Ma boi you are leaving me ??!?!" Guy sensei said with teary eyes

I patted his showder and said "I'll wait for you sensei, so came to the camping place as quickly as possible"

He nodded and I got on the bus. Hmm.. I don't know half of the people here.. Oh there is that guy Gaara.. and Konohamaru!!!!

"Konohamaru!!" I waved my hand at him

"Naruto! Were you in the bus that broke down!?"

"Yeah" I laughed

"What luck!"

"I wouldn't exactly call it luck.."

"No no, not that" he laughed "what luck that I got to be in the same bus as you!"

"Oh.." I sat next to him "Yeah I'm glad to see you too"

Suddenly, he leaned towards me, studying my face

"W-what is it..?" I asked

"You.." he knit his eyebrows "were you crying just now..?"

Eh? How.. how does he know..? I broke eye contact and looked at the ground not wanting to reply.

I felt his hand gently touching my hair. I glanced at him, not sure how to respond. He had a sad smile on his face.

"Thank you" I finally said

"That's ok, hehe. Come I'm gonna meet you with my friends" he pointed at the people sitting aground him. Konohamaru is surely a nice person that has a lot of friends. That's the exact opposite of Sasuke!! Grr.. I keep thinking about him even when he is not around.

The bus started going and I could hear everyone were talking about the orientation and survival games. Their excitement is a bit annoying tho.. If Sasuke was here he wouldn't make a big fuss out of every little thing.. Maybe I got so used to his behaviour that every other one seems.. annoying..

To be honest.. it's boring not to have anyone argue with you.. Konohamaru's friends are nice but.. so.. normal.. at the same time. They don't smirk at me or rise their eyebrows when I say something stupid..

I sighed and looked through the window "This will be a long ride.."

*Time Skip*

"Finally!!" I jumped out of the sit and headed towards the door. Two hours long ride.. I'm not doing this ever again.