Chapter 65

Jen's POV

Thoughts of Harry leaving again next month, kept replaying over my mind, like a bad song that couldn't seem to escape your mind. Deep down you knew it was okay, but on the surface you resented it, wishing it would stop.

That's kind of how I felt. I hated that he was leaving again, and I would have to remember the feeling of missing him. At the same time, I was so proud of him for landing this movie, because I knew he would succeed in it. I felt selfish for even thinking of myself and my needs in this, when I knew he was only going because he really wanted this. It meant something to him.

The old me would have acted irrationally, being overdramatic and hating him for keeping this from me, but I wasn't mad, and I wasn't her anymore. I understood why he didn't say anything, because I would have been upset, waiting everyday to find out if he was leaving again or not. I think it was less of a shock finding out with the final result. I knew what had to happen, and I had to accept it.

I loved my fiancé, I had forever with him, what was a few more months? I knew he would come home to me, after achieving something so self rewarding to himself. Any feelings of wishing he wouldn't go, were instantly overshadowed by pride and admiration, that he was stepping out of his comfort zone, and achieving something bigger than what he already had.

"Jen? Do you hate me?" Willow stuck her head through the small opening of Sam's door, treading lightly before walking in to join our reality show binge.

"No, Lo." I shook my head.

"Why would she hate you? What did you do?" Sam looked from me to her, confused about what was going on.

"She broke my straightener. I got kind of mad, that thing was expensive, but I don't hate you," I made up a quick lie, knowing Harry would want to be the one to tell people about his news.

"Don't even think about touching mine," Sam said sternly to me. She never let me use her things, even though I gave her everything of mine, including the roof over her head.

"I don't want to use yours, I'll just buy a new one, jeez," I rolled my eyes, walking over to Willow, to talk to her more privately.

She closed Sam's door, stepping us into the hallway.

"Are you sure you're not mad? I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I knew he should be the one to say something, when he wanted to. The only reason I knew is because I'm his assistant, and I kind of have to know," she defended her knowledge of the situation.

"I'm not mad, Lo. He explained everything, and I get it. Is this why you don't work with Angus anymore?" I questioned her. She had been working for him until recently, when she decided to move back home to Melbourne.

"I was always kind of doing both. I was Harry's liaison in LA for the movie and such. We did a lot of video chats with him in Melbourne, and me in LA with the agency and directors. I was still working with Angus, but now that this was looking serious, I made the decision to commit fully to Harry, since he was the one to hire me in the first place," she explained to me.

"Isn't Angus suspicious on why you left him so rapidly? Didn't he ask questions?"

"I think we both kind of saw that he didn't really need an assistant, as much as the network thought he did. It all pretty much fell into place. I was with Niall, more than I was even with him. I was being paid to basically spend time with my boyfriend, when I wasn't working for Harry."

"Did Niall know about Harry?" I questioned, wondering how she explained her absences when she attended these meetings.

"No, Harry was adamant you had to be the first to know, when he was ready to tell you. Niall just thought I was working for Angus, the days I wasn't home because of Harry. Trust me Jen, no one knew, not even Anne, this was top secret. It wasn't easy to sneak around and basically lie to my boyfriend, but this is my job, I have to separate business from pleasure," she sighed, looking guilty that she played this game so well.