Chapter 51

Harry's POV

As much as I was missing the familiarity of my home town, and mums home made cooking, it was nice to finally be back in Melbourne, for more than five minutes. I'd managed to sleep a full night, and somewhat extinguish my jet lag from my system, which was good, considering I had plans for today, that I really had to fulfil.

I sat on the warm grass of my backyard, as I watched Jen walk around in the pool water with Mia, making her smile and make small noises of enjoyment. She appeared to love when Jen swooshed her around the water in a circle, with her feet dangling in. She was growing so big, and developing so many characteristics already- soon my baby wouldn't be my baby anymore.

"She loves it," Jen turned to face me, adjusting Mia's sun hat which she had a very strong distaste for.

"Her attitude tells a different story, she's saying mum's not wearing a hat, so why should I?" I laughed.

"Not the hat, the water. Do you think we should start taking her to those baby swim classes? The swim school I went to as a kid, does them," she suggested. I hadn't really put any thought into that, but it seemed like a good idea.

"I like that thought, but on one condition," I said.

"What's that?" She sighed, like she knew I would say something sarcastic or juvenile. Usually I would, but I did mean this response.

"I want to take her, I need something with her that bonds us."

"Hmm, do you want to go to swim school with daddy?" She asked her.

"Yes," I answered for her, in the best baby voice I could.

"You know mostly mum's do this, right? I don't know if I like the idea of you being in a class full of women..."

"Now that's a little sexist, not only mum's do it, I'm sure other dad's do too. You don't need to worry about me around other women," I retorted.

"It's not you I'm worried about. I don't know if I'll enjoy or loath watching other women gawk at you, topless and wet in a pool."

"Don't for a second think you won't love the fact these women will be gawking, but you know the only one that gets to take me home later is you. Also, I love how confident you are that they will even give me a second glance, they're probably much older than I am, they'll think I'm the kid getting the lessons," I smiled at her jealous nature, which I found endearing at the best of times.

"You're Harry Styles, if you think people won't be staring, you're either too modest or delusional. Regardless of your social status, have you looked in the mirror?" She questioned me.

"I have, what's your point? Do you think I'm sexy?" I winked, cheekily. I loved hearing her compliments, it gave me a thrill, and a bit of an ego boost at the same time.

"You're okay...I guess," she shrugged.

"I'm okay? Well you aren't no ten either baby," I joked, obviously not meaning it.

"You're such an asshole," she laughed, knowing I was clearly joking. "Are you going to come in? You better get used to the pool if you're going to take her swimming," she tried to lure me in.

"I don't want to get wet, your sister wanted me to take her into the city soon," I explained.

It wasn't really Sam that wanted to go into the city, it was me, since I had decided that today I would finally buy the ring I would propose to Jen with. I asked Sam to come along with me, since she was Jen's sister, and I wanted her to be part of this personal experience for me.