Chapter 37

(Demi ^^^ with a Harry cardboard cutout in Japan)

Jen's POV

"I am never leaving this bed again," Harry threw himself back onto our bed, creasing the new perfectly pressed sheets I assume my mum had brought over, while we were away.

"Hey, just because you're on break now, doesn't give you a free pass to become lazy! There is a lawn out there that has to be mowed buddy," I burst his relaxation bubble.

"You live to normalise me don't you! Is that your fantasy? To see me mowing a lawn topless, while you lounge by the pool?" He laughed, taking Mia from my arms.

"Yeah, then once you're finished that, you can clean the pool, maybe trim some hedges, work up a real sweat!"

"Mmm, I could think of other ways I would rather work up a real sweat," he winked, making me smile and shake my head at his constant desire to find any opening  to talk about sex.

"I'm sure you could, Styles."

I watched on as he laid our daughter on his knees, making her clap her hands together to a tune he was humming. She was smiling at him, which in turn made him smile even more. It was endearing to watch, because I could truly see how happy it made him to be a father.

"Before you know it she's going to be clapping, and singing along to daddy up on stage," I took a seat beside them, laying my head on his shoulder.

"I can't wait for the day...I just hope she doesn't turn into one of those teens who hate their parents, and wouldn't be caught dead in public with me."

"She won't, you're already a great dad to her, I think she'll be proud to call you her father," I assured him. I was proud to call him my boyfriend, and father of my child, so I had no doubts in my mind that our daughter would adore him.

"I hope so...so how did you feel about the negative pregnancy test? We didn't really talk about it, we kind of moved on before anything could be said," I could sense the hesitation in his voice. It was something swept under the rug, and something we didn't really discuss afterwards.

The negative result did upset me a little, because I would love to grow my family with him, and have our kids so close in age, but part of me was relieved too, because I really didn't think I was physically or emotionally ready for another, just yet.

"A little disappointed, but it wasn't meant to be. We will have another when the time is right, and when we are ready. What about you?"

"Yeah I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed too at first, but once I spoke to Angus, things just became so obvious to me. He and my sister have struggled to get on the road to parenthood, it's never been easy for them, and then look at us- we have this beautiful little baby, and we should be be grateful and appreciative for her right now."

He was right, we should count ourselves lucky for having Mia, when a lot of women out there struggle to get pregnant in the first place. Life shouldn't be lived counting your woes, it should be lived embracing your blessings, and that is what I was going to do from now on.

"You always make me see things so much clearer, this is why I need you, to make me a better person," I kissed his cheek, counting myself lucky to have him.

"We need eachother, and I plan to keep it that way for a very long time," I wrapped his arm around me, kissing the top of my head in return.

"Jen!" I heard the front door slam shut, then Sam appear in my doorway with a giant smile on her face.

"Hey little sis," I jumped up, hugging her as tightly and she hugged me.

"Oh my gosh dude, I missed you so much! Stop leaving, I can't handle it! And this house is so scary at night when it's empty, I made mum come over way too many times!"