Chapter 63

Jen's POV

I sat on the cushioned window pane of this Paris hotel, looking out at the breathtaking view of the city surrounding me. I'd always imagined walking through this town- breathing in the scent of fresh pastries, and exploring the city of romance with the man I loved. It was all a dream, nothing but a numbered goal on a bucket list which I probably wouldn't accomplish.

Much like majority of my dreams, one person made them come true everyday. Instead of walking through Paris with one person I loved, I got to experience it with majority of the people I loved, all at once. I counted myself the luckiest girl in the world, everyday. Harry made life exciting, and everyday felt like a  fantasy coming true. I often had to pinch myself that this was how my life was turning out, and none of it was a dream, it was real.

The morning sun reflected off the diamond in the centre of my engagement ring. Engagement ring- who the hell thought I would be leaving Europe with one of those. Another fantasy I dreamed about, but didn't expect. It meant more to me than the physical appeal of it, it meant commitment, loyalty, love, all the things a relationship needed to succeed, all the things Harry showed me.

I turned around to watch my boyfriend, ahem, fiancé sleep soundly in the bed we shared last night. Call me crazy in love, but I loved everything about the way he slept. The little noises he made when he breathed, the way his hair draped over his forehead- almost covering his eyes, the way his lips pouted out like a small child...just, everything.

He gave me everything both physically and emotionally that I needed, he spoilt me more than he should of, especially this trip, so I wanted to do something for him, that celebrated just him. We didn't get to enjoy his birthday this year as well as I would have liked to, but his timetable was crazy, and didn't really allow for much down time. He went out with some of the boys for a night, but that was the extent of his twenty second birthday.

Maybe I could talk to Anne and organise something for a belated birthday celebration. All our things were still in the UK, so we would have to go back there before heading to Australia. I wanted to invite his friends and family from there, because he rarely ever got to see them. I wasn't sure what to do yet, but I knew she could help.

Mia wouldn't be up for a couple of hours, and I knew Harry wouldn't wake any time soon, so I took the opportunity of him being asleep, to head to Anne's suite and organise something while he wasn't around. I quickly dressed myself, and left the room as quietly as I could, remembering which room she and Robin were occupying.

I knocked on the door, only to be greeted by a topless Angus, who looked to be in pretty rough form. I knew this guy very well, I'd seen this guy very often. He clearly had a big night last night, after Harry and I left the restaurant. The only question I had was, why the hell was he in Anne's room, topless?

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be celebrating with your fiancé?" His groggy voice questioned me, as he rubbed his eyes in the piercing light of the hall.

"Better question, why are you in your mother in law's room? Did you get so drunk last night you forgot which room was yours?" I questioned his accommodation for the night.

"Gem wouldn't let me in the room, she locked me out," he rolled his eyes, allowing me into the suite.

"I can't imagine why," I shook my head at him, not at all surprised by her actions.

"Good morning darling," Anne walked out of her room in a dressing gown, the second she heard my voice in the lounge.

"Morning," I hugged her. "Got a visitor?" I questioned her company, still wondering how he managed to end up in this room.