Chapter 50

Jen's POV

Today marked the final full day of our U.K trip, this time around. I loved being here, and spending time with Harry's family, as well as my own, but I also did miss the comfort of home. It would be short lived though, since we'd be back here for the tour.

Harry had gone to lunch with a friend, or someone in the industry, I wasn't exactly sure who. He extended the invitation to me, but warned me of boredom as they were going to talk business. I kind of got the impression he would prefer to sit in on this alone, so I declined the offer, agreeing to a day out with Anne and Angus. 

Anne had wanted to take Angus and I to lunch, to spend time with her children's partners, she said. Of course she insisted Mia come along too, as it was her last day with her for a little while. As well as our afternoon activities, Harry and I had organised a dinner for tonight with the people we had chosen as Mia's godparents. None had any idea what the intention behind the evening was, but I hoped it was a pleasant surprise to them.

"You sure you don't want to leave the baby with us? We don't mind," Gemma offered to watch over Mia with Sam, as they were going to be home alone while my parents explored Manchester together, and Robin was back at work.

"No, she's coming with us," Angus dismissed his wife's offer before I could, walking away with the stroller towards the front door.

"Your husband has spoken," I chuckled at his eagerness to spend time with his niece.

"I'm telling you, make sure he doesn't kidnap that baby when you leave tomorrow! He would jump on that plane and snatch her before take off," she joked, making fun of his closeness with my daughter.

"I think I'm safe, he wouldn't do that to me," I said confidently.

"Jen, sweetheart are you ready? Get a coat, it's freezing outside," Anne called from the doorway, beside Angus.

"I'm coming," I called out to her.

"I'll see you two later, don't be too envious of your husband, Gem, you'll have some time with Mia later," I told her, knowing she was just jealous that Angus was hogging all of Mia's attention.

"We'll see," she scoffed, turning her attention back to the TV.

"Let's go," I adjudged my coat, stepping out into the cool breeze flowing through my hair. This definitely wasn't like an Australian January, it was much milder.

"Isn't it funny to think that this time two years ago, we were preparing to tour with the lads? I wasn't married, you weren't a mum, and we hadn't even met you yet, mum," Angus flung an arm around Anne, while pushing the stroller down the street.

"A lot can happen in two years," I agreed with him, still pinching myself that this was my life now, and I wouldn't change a single part of it.

"I am so happy to have you both in my family, you've both made my children so happy, and that is all a mother wants for her kids. Jen, you've made me a grandmother, which is the most incredible gift anyone could give me, and Angus, hopefully one day soon, i'll get to watch you walk your own baby down my home town," Anne stood between us, wrapping her arms around us both as we walked to the local cafe.

"We're trying, we both really want this," Angus said quite seriously. I could see in his facial expression, and his demeanour, that he really wanted this, and a part of him still feared he wouldn't have it.

"I know you do sweetheart, and it will happen, the angels told me it would," Anne rubbed his back in comfort.

"Angels?" He questioned her.