"S-sorry Shawn I-" she mumbled

"Hey you okay?" I asked helping her steady herself

"Uh yeah, yeah I'm fine" she replied looking up at me tiredly

She tried to walk but she just stumbled up against the locker and held her head. I caught her and held her steady staring down at her eyes.

"Annabeth, your not fine. Tell me what's going on" I said sternly, I was beginning to be extremely concerned

She sighed and continued to hold her head.

"I'll give you a hint. I was tripping over myself-....." she began, leaning back against the locker

Tripping over myself, aching begging you to call help... That was stitches but what does that have to do with -. Oh. She has stitches? The hair do, wait. I used my hand to carefully move her hair back to reveal several stitches on the side of her temple.

"Oh-" I started off

Annabeth just nodded. She had stitches and could barely walk cause of the pain. God that as to hurt. Annabeth mumbled something, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"M-my wheel chair" she said a little more loudly

"Your wheel chair?" I asked

"Yeah, its at the front of the school" she responded

The red and gold wheel chair at the front of the school! I looked around, where was Dante when you needed him. I spotted him staring at me from his locker. I motioned him to come over quickly and he dashed over with long strides.

"Dante you know that red and gold wheel chair at the front of the school? Go get it its Annabeth's and she's not doing to well"

He nodded his head quickly and ran towards the front of the school. I looked back at Annabeth and cautiously led her into the classroom and sat her down. I've gotten stitches before in my head... And the back of my leg but that was cause I tried stepping on a guard rail but that's a different story. I'm sure Annabeth wouldn't need a wheel chair unless something else was up. And that wheel chair looked custom made, like she had it way before this happened.

"Annabeth, why do you need the wheel chair?" I asked as she drank some type of pill with her water bottle

"I don't know, the doctor just said I ha to be in it" she said lowly, resting her head on her arm on the desk.

I knew she wasn't telling the truth, something was up. I don't want to pressure her though, she looks like she's in a lot of pain. Dante rushed in with her wheel chair and parked it behind her chair. The bell rang and I came to a sudden realization that, I my schedule had just changed, I was in an advanced class which left Dante in here with her.

"Dante watch Annabeth and make sure she's okay until the medication kicks in" I said before dashing out and going to my class

But something also caught me off guard. Dante looked down at Annabeth like he knew what was going on, yet he wasn't there to hear what had happened. What did Dante know that I didn't?

~*~

Dante:

I glanced over at Annabeth any chance I got. She was a beautiful girl, and seeing her like this hurt. I knew it hurt Shawn the most but it hurt me more because I knew what was going on. I remember one day, Shawn was on vacation, and I couldn't stay home alone. They called Georgia up and she invited me to stay with her for the weekend. She had a forewarning that there was going to be a family reunion that day, I didn't care as long as I wasn't home alone. I remember meeting Annabeth... And her sister Max. I laughed when Shawn thought that MA was a boy, but I'm going to let him figure it out. Anyways, I met Annabeth there... And she was in a wheel chair. The same exact one she was going to be confined to for the rest of the day. I knew why she was more fragile to things like stitches. She was sick, and the sickness confined her to the wheel chair as a kid. I don't remember what it was exactly called, but it clogged her pores enabling her ability to sweat. Her bones and muscles were more fragile, and her lungs weren't as good as before. I remembering her telling me how she hated her wheel chair, she absolutely despised it. Funny thing is, I still remember that day, down to the very outfit she was wearing. You know, her family's pretty special, don't double cross them. I remembered Annabeth trying to roll around, but Max and I had to help her. Her hair was up in a bow and she had a white dress on. But what also sat on her head, surprised me. But I promised to keep a secret, and even if that was years ago, I intend to keep it.

~*~

???:

"Do we have a visual?"

"Yeah, she's sitting in her classroom, still in her wheel chair"

"Shouldn't we get going sir? She's sure to recognize us when she exits the school, it's the last bell"

"We have to stay until she leaves"

"Do we have a visual on the suspect?"

"Yes hes in the classroom also."

"Hes new"

"Park the car behind those bushes over there, we'll wait until Annabeth leaves"

"Shouldn't we warn her?"

"No, she'll reject us"

"But-"

"We both know that's the truth. We practically helped raise her, we both know her thinking"

"We all know her thinking"

~*~

Alright, don't kill me please. Who are THESE PEOPLE IS WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW! Oh wait, I do know, nvm. Anyway, prayers to  who is going to freak the heck out and what not's. Thanks for getting HOLD ON TO 66 READS ALREADY! I wuv you all!

Xoxo

Zalina