WM7 Hurt February 18, 2017

Começar do início

Another stupid means of trying to matter we all are guilty of is the popularity contest in our own minds.

You aren't cool unless you act cool. You aren't cool unless you look cool. You aren't cool unless your peers all say, "Man, you are cool!"

You don't matter if they don't like you. You don't matter if you don't know that they like you, for sure.
And if you don't matter then they'll leave you and you'll have no meaning, no anything.

That seems ridiculous to think that way, doesn't it? But that's how we see it sometimes. These traps of fear, that lead us into an emotional fight-or-flight to protect ourselves from being hurt, they are called insecurities.

You've probably heard it before but think about the origins of that word.
Insecurity.
In-security.
In- meaning, No, not there, inexistent
Security-meaning, true safety, found in protection, a means of not getting hurt.

Our insecurities come from our state of insecurity. The idea that we matter, that we are valuable human beings, isn't secure in this world or in our naturally-paranoia-inclined minds.
In fact, it's trying to be stolen from us. Every human being does everything they can to guard the necessary things kept in our hearts. Problem is, we use in securing, non-meaningful ways to go about doing that. We try to do that, not by finding real protection over our fragile hearts and minds that the Devil and the world try to crush; instead, these are the incompetent guards we place.

Well if Steve and Mary think I matter, then I must.

Well, if I am x amount of beautiful and x amount of smart or strong or charming or funny or admirable or cool, then I must have enough significance to have a reason to go about.

And while we may never conciously think those melodramatic-sounding things, they are most certainly in our hearts. Insecurity produces and is produced by fear, fear that we aren't good enough, and if we aren't good enough, then we won't matter.

It also produces sin.
Insecurity makes us pull towards ourselves, to live in the defensive mode of our emotions, turning a blind eye and using a blind hand in our dealings with others.

That means that when we get rid of insecurity, those negative side effects must not only go away but be reversed in us.

But how? How is it done? How do we find a real security?

God offers us security. A long time ago, His people trusted in Egyptians, who were their nation's allies, to defend them, rather than Him.

Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the Lord! Yet he also is wise, and will bring evil, and will not call back his words: but will arise against the house of the evildoers, and against the help of them that work iniquity.
Isaiah 31:1‭-‬2 KJV

God WANTS to give us security. He loves us. He knows that people are fickle, and things are fickle, and everything we can hope in but Him is fickle. We have insecurity because we pick security that blows away when the wind kicks up. We cannot base ourselves on what we can do or who we are or where we come from or who we matter too. But Jesus gives us something to base ourselves off of; He gives us Himself.

Throughout the Bible, Jesus makes it expressly clear how much we mean to Him. When the entire everything, angels, and universes and stars and nebulas and planets and seas and plants and animals and space and time and light and heat and every law of physics and everything else was created, Jesus spoke it into existence.

But Jesus loved us so much, that unlike all those other things, for us, He got down on the ground, He got dirty, filthy muddy for us as He sculpted our shape into being and breathed in us His own life. And when we lost that breath of life by filling ourselves with an evil that made us deserve to die, Jesus gave every man, even the evilest of Canaanites, time to change and repent before the punishment that had to come. And everything He has ever done since the fall of our parents, Adam and Eve, He has done for us.

He is the only one who can hold your hurt.

He is the only one that you can find meaning within.

He is the only one that can love you with a love that is as powerful as His.

Human affection can't protect and fulfill you. Friendship can't protect and fulfill you. Girlfriends or boyfriends can't protect and fulfill you. Sexual relationships of any kind, marital or otherwise, can't protect and fulfill you. In this age of prescription-writing our problems off, Prozac still can't fulfill you.

Jesus can protect and fulfill you. His love isn't like our love; it is a very real force that produces a change in our spiritual being if we ask for Him to.

And He doesn't want you to put faith in faulty security systems that will fail and endanger you.
He wants you to put faith in Him.

Your Mission:

If you don't grasp this, you will never be able to do the fullest extent of what God wants for you. Insecurities bind you. Give it to God. Ask for Him to give you security in the emotional, physical, and spiritual. Imagine He is a banker. Give Him all of your savings, and trust in Him that He will guard them with His life.

He did not make mistakes or accidents or make some people less than others. He loves you. He wants to see you prosper, to see you fulfilled and living in freedom and safe in His arms, but He is a gentleman who will not barge in rudely; YOU must invite Him in! Stop trying to blind yourself from your pain with pride, trying to hide your scars! Instead, let the Healer close your wounds and lead you to a path that will show you the truth.

Pray that He gives you sincere humility because it is humility, not pride, that lets you see how beautiful you truly are. When you do not hide behind brightly colored elegant veils, that is when you see how much you and everyone else in this world really are beautiful without them.

When you can see beyond yourself, and you have the divine revelation that every man, woman, and child on God's green earth needs to hear, that we are all beloved by a God that wants to forgive, protect, renew, and strengthen us, and give us security, that is when you have the power to change the world. When you give up your false securities you give up your safety, comfort, and chains involved in protecting yourself, and step out and make a difference in someone else.