I watched as she let the paper fall to the ground and looked between me and the box once again before opening it. She smiled as she noticed the bracelet inside, taking it out to look at it before looking back to me.

"It was my mothers." I stated as her eyes were now locked with mine as she spoke. "My father gave it to her as a surprise when he got his first real job."

"Why are you giving me this?" She asked looking back toward the object.

"My mother never took that bracelet off. She wore it everywhere, not because it was expensive or because it's beautiful but because it came from my father." I explained. "He worked hard to make enough money to buy that for her. He would say that it cost his whole pay check but that every penny was worth the smile on my mothers face when he gave it to her."

"That's beautiful." Lauren smiled.

"I know it's not the diamond necklace downstairs." I continued. "And that you won't wear it the way my mother did. But she always told me that it was symbol of their love and that's why I want you to have it." I smiled. "Because to me that will always symbolize love and after everything we've been through together, I don't think anything can break it."

"I love it Y/N." Lauren smiled after a moment. "It's beautiful and the story behind it is amazing."

----------------

Dinner with Lauren's family was great. The food her parents had cooked tasted amazing, her extended family showed up and were full of love and everyone just had a great time. Even a few friends had shown up after a while.

There were only a few people left downstairs so I decided to head upstairs and lie down in Lauren's room. As I waited for her to come up for the night, I looked up at her ceiling with a hand behind my head and the other on my stomach. My thoughts drifted off toward my own family again.

"Y/N come on!" Austin shook me awake. "Get up its Christmas!"

"Give me a couple more minutes." I groaned smacking his hands away from me.

"Y/N come on Hun." My mom said standing in my door. "Your siblings are all downstairs waiting on you."

"Fine." I groaned slowly getting out of bed and following my brother out of my room as my mother stopped me.

"Merry Christmas Sweetheart." She smiled pulling me into a hug and kissing my forehead.

"Merry Christmas Mom." I responded as I pulled back to look at her.

"Now go on downstairs before everyone starts opening their gifts without you." She laughed as I walked down the stairs ahead of her.

I walked down to find lots of presents under the tree. My siblings all sat on the ground around the tree waiting for me and our parents. My father walked in from the kitchen with a cup of coffee for both him and my mother, as she was taking a seat on the couch. I walked over and sat next to Mike as he handed me a gift with my name on it from my parents.

"You can start opening your presents now." My dad laughed as we all looked at them for approval.

I started opening my presents and so did my siblings. We each got a lot of presents from our parents who decided to still write Santa on them even though neither of us still believed. The next one I picked up was a big box with a big ribbon.