Not the one who is best

Start from the beginning

only the Mumbaikar's would understand how it felt to go on a long drive on a late Sunday night, when the traffic is retired for the day, most of the shops would be closed, the roads all active to welcome you, and the breeze- the breeze so soft and cool and calm as if you would want to stay here.

It always resembles to a lonely soul and trust me this silence it gives a whole lot of peace to your mind. The streetlights though not as like of the pleasant morning rays but calm and wanting, as if waiting for us to greet them and when you look at the moon it seems so near as if on the turn you would catch it.

as a kid Akshi would always tell my dad or bade papa or whoever would be driving them for their late night ice creams, to race to the moon and catch it before the red maruti 800 or the black dangerous looking sumo would catch it and they, they would agree and increase the speed acting as if the moon is running off from them and their sweet car has got out of breath.

She laughed at the thought as how easily she believed in him, believed that one day may be really she would catch the moon.

"what happen why are you laughing?" rohit asked looking at Akshita from the rearview mirror.

"nothing, I was just thinking about the moon chase." They all started to laugh. The memories were so innocent and pure, nothing at all like the reality. Rohit thought , but decided to ignore it.

This was the best part of his life; him having a long ice cream drive with his cousins.

"yeah I remember, how we used to be so hell bound to catch the moon that we would even forget about our ice creams.." kartik said. He as well along with the rest smiling in the oblivion!

"yeah but then it used to be sid bhaiya who would make us realize that how far the moon is from our reach, and we used to think he knows so much and we are idiots." Rohit said.

There was this emptiness in his voice which he tried to hide yet failed miserably!

"ohh shut up you people we don't have any idea about it and nor do we want to hear it. " trisha said, she had always been jealous that these four of them used to have so much fun together and till the time she became old enough to play with them, the boys were busy with their work or projects.

Akshi showed her tongue and again began to look at the beautiful world outside.

soon they reached the farthest kulfi store from their house and gave their orders to kartik , while trisha, rohit and drhuv who god knows why stayed back began talking about stupid things and laughing their ass off. Soon kartik came and gave them their orders and they began to devour it.

Out of nowhere trisha began to sing "let it goo let it goo can't hold it back anymore" Akshi and kartik tried to stop her but she put her head outside the window not before saying "bhiya I am going to sing now and as soon as that guy turns around speed up okay" rohit gave a nod and started the car where as Akshi still tried to pull her inside but who was she kidding once trisha is set to do a thing she would never back off .

And with that she sang loudly "let it gooooo let it gooooo, cant hold it back anymoreee" hearing her the guy pulled up his pants and zipped them up and began running ,and that's when they realized that he was doing his business over there, he came running towards the car but rohit was fast enough to run of , but not before hearing some beautiful words from him.

The cousins came back home still laughing their ass off but soon became silent not wanting to disturb anyone and went to their respective rooms.

After wearing her pyjamas Akshi picked up her book 'nadia knows best' and walked out into the balcony and stared at the beautiful full moon.