Chapter 6: My Little sister

"He Is Not Dead

I cannot say, and I will not say
That he is dead. He is just away.
With a cheery smile, and a wave of the hand,
He has wandered into an unknown land
And left us dreaming how very fair
It needs must be, since he lingers there."

--       James Whitcomb Riley

###########################################################################

Tina's P.O.V:

Beep. Beep.. Beep..

It's an annoying sound. I want it to stop but it keeps going on and on...

I could hear voices around me but cannot recognize the owners...

I tried to open my eyes... but my eyelids are so heavy, I am so tired and sleepy...and it's hurting everywhere... Slowly I drift off to sleep again...

I opened my eyes to see Mike waving at me and calling for me...He looked so handsome in the morning light, by the light streaming through his blond hair and his blue eyes twinkled with mischief as usual. I walked to him smiling, but he kept moving as well. I have been walking for a long time but couldn't reach him. He kept moving in the other direction.

Suddenly a big wolf appeared behind him, its eyes are red as blood and it smelled of death... I called out to Mike to run... I run to him, so does the wolf,

I need to get to him before the wolf...

I want to keep him safe...

But Mike is moving away from me, I ran fast but he seemed to be farther...

                             ***********************************************

Christabel aka Abel's P.O.V:

"How long doc?? She is been out for almost 2 weeks now. Why is she not waking up?" I am getting frustrated.

"Abel, I cannot say how long this will take. Her inner wolf might have shut down due to the loss of her mate so her healing is taking longer, in a way that was a blessing, she doesn't have to deal the pain of the broken bond now. It's up to her wolf to decide when to come around. Let's just hope by the time she comes back to us, the pain subsides", our pack doctor Bryan replied and walked out of the room.

It has been two weeks since my little sister went into a coma. Two weeks since I lost my best friend and Beta.

The accident was a big blow to the pack, both Tina and Mike were dear to everyone one. They were like the life source of the pack.

Mike's death and Tina's coma is taking its toll on us all, with both Alpha and Beta families grieving, we can say it's one of the darkest days of the pack. We have lost Mike; all of us know he won't be coming back. Each and every one of the pack is praying for their lively Tina to come back, their alpha's youngest daughter.

Tina was lucky that Mike somehow managed to link with his father through the family link before the car crashed, so that we were able to save at least Tina, but it was too late for Mike.

***Flashback***

"Abel, they got away. They just crossed the pack boundary now. But we can catch them if we cross, they are in no-mans land." Derek, one of the pack trackers, linked me.

Cal, Derek, Lewis, and I were out in the woods chasing some rogues who got into the territory. Our night patrol caught their scent and alerted us. We almost got them before they split up and started running in different directions, now it looks like we lost them, we can't catch them once they crossed out of our territory.