Chapter 15: Not Because Of Me

"There is no one that can make me look into their eyes and see the rest of my life. Only you."

-Airicka Phoenix

#########################################################################

Tina's P.O.V:

I fell off my bed butt first hearing a loud screech from downstairs, My wolf went on alert thinking the worse but relaxed when I realized it's just one of the toddlers throwing his/her morning tantrums. I got up from the floor and made my way to the bathroom, after freshening up I went downstairs to grab something to eat before heading out to the garden. Today there is no training because of last night's party, and its Sunday so no daycare either. Sunday is completely my day.

            I can still hear cries from the kitchen, that is a hungry cry," I wonder what his/her mother is doing without feeding the child", my thoughts are cut short by an agonized screams of a man mixed with the baby cries, I ran down the stairs with my heart going uphill, I burst into the kitchen and the scene in front of me is priceless. I just stand there for a second not sure to be amused, angry or laugh, in front of me is the funniest scene I ever see in my life and I couldn't help but started laughing uncontrollably.

                             I see a very hungry, angry and screaming Rose pulling the hair out of Jace's head, who is screaming like his heart is being pulled out alive. The look on Jace's face is priceless, I wish I have my camera with me now. By the time I am able to catch my breath, I noticed that all the room has gone silent, I look up to see an annoyed Jace and grinning Rose looking at me. Rose suddenly raised her little hands towards me signaling me to pick her up from Jace's arms which I am more than happy to do. She giggled when I picked her up, throwing her arms around my neck and giving me a sweet hug, I smiled and hugged her back inhaling her sweet scent of rose, just like her name, before pulling away. Then I looked up to Jace to see him holding a spoon, it looks like he was trying to feed her.

"What is that?," I asked him trying to get a look at the content of the bowl in front of him.

"THAT is her breakfast," he said pushing the bowl with some white semi-solid stuff towards me.

"And would you be kind enough to give me the name of her 'breakfast'?", I asked him making quotes in the air with my free hand and trying not to look at that horrible stuff in front of me.

"Oatmeal?!" Jace said looking at me confused.

"You call THAT oatmeal???" I asked shocked.

"Yeah... why?" he asked getting annoyed again.

"Then you better eat that oatmeal of yours when I fix something else for this little girl here. And DON'T even tries to move from here without finishing the whole thing." I told him making my way to the shelf to get stuff to make some real oatmeal porridge for Rose.

"WHAT?!! You want me to eat this", he asked shocked looking at me and the thing he called oatmeal.

"Yes.", I said sternly, "if you think it's edible for  one year old,  then it surely won't kill you."

I could see Jace starting to protest from the corner of my eyes, but it is cut off by another deep male voice saying, "She is right, you know."

Alpha Demetrius walked up to us from his previous leaning position at the door frame. Rose let out a loud squeal when she sees her father walking towards us. He chuckled seeing his excited little girl who jumped from my arms to his when he reached arms distance, he caught her with ease, kissed her forehead and murmured a good morning to her burying his face in her hair inhaling her sweet scent. Then he looked at a now grumbling Jace with a stern look forcing him to take that horrible thing to his mouth. I turned back to the task in my hand and made the little rose's oatmeal and pouring some honey on top of it. I took Rose from her father's arms; pulled one of the high chairs closer to the dinner table settled her on it before settling myself on a chair. I removed her pajama top and then feed her so that her dress won't be spoiled. I am so absorbed in her, talking to her and trying to pry the spoon away from her little chubby fingers every time she gets hold of it, I did not notice Jace getting up from her seat and moving towards the sink.