We finally reached my locker and I started to place my things in, slowly so I could concentrate on what Dante was saying. I laughed, but something else caught my attention as I looked over Dante's shoulder. A girl in a grey hoodie came running down the hall, a satchel type bag at her side. She had the same exact red curls, pale skin, and hoodie as the girl from the airport!

She ran past Dante and I and  stopped in front of a locker across and a few down from mine. She quickly entered the combination to her locker and swung it open, placing her books in and then shutting it quickly. Her brisk steps away from people, the way she avoided all the students matched as the same girl I couldn't get out of my head. She was going to my school!

"Earth to Shawn!" Dante yelled waving his hand in my face which caused me to snap back into focus.

"Huh, what?" I asked in confusion.

"You got lost, did you hear anything I just said? What were you staring at anyways?" he asked looking around.

"Nothing, lets just get to class" I said as the bell rang.

First period didn't go so well for me. I mean the time did fly by but, I couldn't get her out of my mind. She was beautiful, the way her hair fell down the front of her face and went over her shoulders, the way her small frame slipped through the crowd of students. The way her pale skin contrasted against her fiery red curls and orange freckles that dotted her face. I never believed in love at first sight but I was pushed to believe in it now.

During first, second, and third period, I doodled on the edge of my paper, day dreaming and not really paying attention to anything the teacher had said. Once the bell rang, I was one of the first to dash for the door and run to the cafeteria. I almost immediately found Dante sitting at a table near the entrance.

"Dude, how did you get here so fast?" I asked, panting and sitting down beside him.

He shrugged and we both chuckled. I felt hands brush up against my shoulders and heard and obnoxious giggle.

"Hey Shawny!" I heard Gloria say as I squeezed my eyes shut in high hopes I was just dreaming.

I opened my eyes to find her sitting across from me, her fake eyelashes flashing and her head resting in the palm of her hand.

"What do you want Gloria?" I asked crossing my arms.

Gloria had tried to bully Georgia when we were all little but Georgia was never really affected by it. You know with her being older and all. But it never really stopped Gloria and she moved down to us two. I already knew this was coming, Gloria wanted to play it cool and try to seduce me because I'm famous.

"I just want to hang out that's all." She replied, licking her thick red lips.

"Not gonna happen." Dante said crossing his arms also.

"I wasn't talking to you!" she snapped.

"And neither were we." I said standing up and walking away with Dante.

We went around the corner and stopped to peek around it. We saw a furious Gloria whos cheeks were red with anger through the three inches of makeup she was wearing. The rest of her cliche joined her and we turned around to go outside laughing.

We sat down at our favorite bench and took out our lunches. I began to eat my corn muffin when I noticed someone. The same girl from earlier today was sitting alone under a tree scribbling furiously in a drawing pad. She had red and blue headphones on and rocked her head to the music. I couldn't help but stare as she repeated the pattern of drawing and erasing.

She was so close yet so far away from me. She scratched her arm through her sleeve and eventually pulled it up. She was bleeding from how hard she had scratched her arm and she rolled her eyes, pulling the sleeve back down and getting back to work. I recognized it as eczama. Dante had the same thing when we were little but grew out of it.