Chapter 3- The Mother

This is the big day for Jisan. She asked permission from her mother if she can go to the Asylum by herself. Her mom approved so she got her things and prepared.

She arrived at the asylum and went to room 95. When she arrived, V is sleeping. She sat down on the chair and observe the angelic face of the patient.

" I really wanted to help you", Jisan said. She also noticed that he wasn't wearing the straight-jacket so she sat there carefully. Suddenly, V's eyes shot open, looking straight at her. " Oh".

" Jisan", he said. Jisan was a little bit surprised when the patient called her by her name. " I heard you".

" You heard me?", Jisan asked. V nodded as he stood up. Jisan tensed a bit because, she knows that she is not safe because V has no jacket.

Talking to him is like talking to a normal person for Jisan, why throw him to an asylum? He seems so, innocent.

" You wanted to help me?", V said with a blank expression.

" Yes", Jisan answered.

" You can't help me, you don't know about me or my life, that will make it hard for you", V said seriously. Jisan was shocked on how he spoked. She needs to think positively. But what if, V's mom wouldn't tell her a single thing? " And another thing, you disturbed my sleep, you are just wasting your time helping me. Why have fun?".

" I'm serious V, I wanted to help you. I know its hard but let's think positive about this things, I may be not a professional doctor or something but I know I can do this", Jisan explained. V narrowed his eyes at Jisan, making her scared.

" You are just wasting your time", V said. " Go now before I kill you".

" But--".

" GO!".

Jisan stood up immediatley and exited the room. She doesn't want to get in trouble. Now the thing she needed to do is to find V's house.

She went to the parking lot and drove her car. Wings street, it is, she thought. She know this place. It is not hard for her to find the house but the questions to be asked to V's mother is.

After 15 minutes of driving, she arrived at Wings street. According to the files, house number 4. And there, she saw it. It's not that big. Bungalow type with a little gate infront and plant beds with different kinds of flowers. It was peaceful to her eyes. The house's color contrasted the green garden infront. White and light blue walls and porch.

She breathed heavily and went to the gate and knocked. There was no answer. She knocked again. She can hear the opening of the locks. This time, it made her more nervous. The door opened revealing a woman with young face, age of 30's. The woman looked at her with a questioning look.

" Yes?", the woman, who used to be V's mother said.

" Good day ma'am", Jisan started. " I'm Park Jisan from Henkins Asylum".

"From the asylum? Is there something to do with my son?", she said,her eyes glinted with hint of hope. " Is he okay?". She opened the door, saying she can enter.

" Well, yes, V is okay", Jisan answered. V's mom looked at her.

" You look young to work in the Asylum, but you know my son", she said.

" I am his doctor's daughter", Jisan said. The woman nodded and let her in. She felt the calm surrounding around her as she entered the house.

" Sorry about the house, tea?", Mrs. Kim asked.

" Uhh..thank you", Jisan answered as she observed the house. " Ma'am, can I know V's room?". She didn't know why this question popped in her mind. Maybe she was just that curious.

" His room? Follow me", Mrs. Kim said motioning Jisan to the room. There she arrived at the room. " I missed my son so much, well since you are the daughter of his doctor, I trust you".

" Thank you ma'am", Jisan said with a smile. V's mother went to the kitchen to make tea.

Jisan looked at the room. It was so clean. The bed is white. It is not that big. There are shelves with some things on it. Books. Teddy Bear. Cabinet. Then, something caught her eyes. It was a picture. She went to the desk and observed the pictures. The first picture in a frame was a couple of boys. Seven, including V. They are all handsome. Now, she saw the caption. My best pals. This boys must be his friends.

The next picture surprised her. It was V with a girl. His right hand around the shoulders of the girl while smiling. It was a genuine smile. Then, the girl is also smiling with a peace sign. The background is at Namsan Tower. ' Who is she? V had a sister?', she asked herself but stopped when she saw the captions. Happy 5th monthsary Jinhee, my babe.

V had a girlfriend?

Curiousity ran inside her head and looked at the picture again. V is so happy in the picture. That made her heart melt when she remembered how V threatened to kill her a while ago.

She exited the room and saw V's mom already prepared the tea.

" Here is your tea Ms. Jisan", Mrs. Kim said. Jisan nodded a thank you to the woman. " I really wanted to know my son's situation, did he hurt anybody again?".

Jisan remembered the stabbed guy.

" Yes, well it happened yesterday I think, he..he stabbed a guard", Jisan said. There was a feeling that Jisan wanted to ask question but there is also a feeling saying not now. Mrs. Kim sighed. " I can visit you here and send news about your son".

" Thank you", Mrs. Kim said. Jisan smiled.

Jisan finished her tea and bid goodbye to Mrs. Kim. Once she is inside the car. She felt weird. Why didn't I ask a single question? Uhg.., she thought. She drove back home.

........................................................................

THANKS FOR READING!!