Chapter 35: Valentine's Day Special ;) Puppy Love

The necklace looped back and forth. I sprawled out on the couch along with Mary on the floor. Today there was nothing to do. Wait let me rephrase that - Daniel wouldn't let us do anything. Not a single activity without him by my side. "Okay why are you all acting like that" he walked through the kitchen with Axle following behind him. "Why are you holding us hostage" I snapped.

I am no dog or domestic animal to be constantly guarded I am a human being! I have freedom rights. Why can't he get that? "Fine come on" he set down his soda. "What?" I questioned. "We are going down to the lake." So now we can go somewhere.

"Uh, with the frozen shore? I get we age differently, but that doesn't mean we can't get pneumonia from frozen lake water" Mary scoffed. He replied with a look, "Not that one the other one"

"What do we wear?" I was really confused. Should I go in snow gear or a bathing suit? "Just go comfortable," he said making his way out the back door. "Oh-kay well then...." Mary eyed the door, "What the hell does that mean?" she muttered the last part so only I could hear.

"Not sure but it must be special because today Valentines day" I jolted up to the room so I could get ready. Going in a pair of shorts was my best option being that he'd already denied my one piece bathing suit. First off I have no clue why since it barely shows any skin and is pretty modest compared to the patches of cloth and strings others normally wear. I slipped on one of his black shirts.

Mary and I both landed outside at the same time to leave to this unknown place in the woods that is supposedly isn't frozen. The hike was short and rather simple until we reached the inner tree line. There I am behind everyone else and wham! A giggling person in a mask jumps out to scare me. (and I'll let you know, they seceded)

Jump scares. Damn, I hate them. Not who was scaring me, but the jump scares, you know what let's just get back to the story. Anyways my two devious nieces landed on the floor in heaps of laughter. "Not bad for a Meiji" an approving voice followed behind me. Mel watched with her lips creasing into a smile, yet she tried so hard to hold it back. "Her and Mary squealed like a little kid then sung that reunited songs. After a failed attempt she just gave up and laughed. "You laugh like a sneezing donkey" Jessie looked at her with a serious face.

"I missed you!" I jumped ignoring the donkey like laughter, giggling girls, and the twins screaming for their lives as Mel evilly laughed throwing sticks at them. Very original. "Its good to see you Rosie and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY SLASH BIRTHDAY!" Jane hugged me then gave a look I've never seen before.

Everybody shouted the same thing as they grabbed me in bear hugs wishing me the best birthday ever. So far it has surpassed. There is nothing better than being with my family and mate, or boyfriend? Um, I'll go with my mate, on a beautiful day. With everything going on I completely forgot my own birthday, sad... I know. "So how does it feel to be old?" Jared asked with a serious tone. "If I'm old then you are a dinosaur" I pointed back. Daniel pulled me closer into a hug, " You didn't think I'd forget did you?"

"No, I was the one who forgot, but thank you" I pulled in for a kiss. "And to think just a while ago you were a kid. Now your super old and wrinkly... Is that a gray hair I see?" Jessie teased as he knuckled Jared, who'd been looking so googly eyed at Sandra. "I'm not old!" I looked at them with the same look I always gave them before I attacked. "Take that for an old person!" I took off my

"Red-" Daniel started but I cut him off to throw a snowball at Jessie. It missed him by a centimeter but was close enough to make a statement. This means war. It played out like a scene in a movie. You know like those old wild west movies where there is a gun slinging bull riding cowboys who are about to do a shoot off. Instantly the nanana na na naaaaaa whistling in the background focused on me and the twins and simultaneously the camera zooms to our eyes.