Chapter 30: Hi, I'm Your Son's Mate

"I'm knob mofing an inh" I said in the pillow to shade my eyesight from the blinding light. Daniel thought it would be a great idea to open the curtains just to wake me up. "Figured that, but there is something very important planned for Sunday. A pack meeting." he landed on the bed next to me and slipped on his shoes, " and my parents are coming tonight. This is where you come in. Be ready by five, everybody will come here for the dinner. Your sisters are already here to help with the cleaning."

All a girl could ask for was sleep. I rolled off the bed and landed with a thud to the floor. Yes, I have to go to dramatic measures to wake myself up, but it must be done. "I'm going" I mumbled. It's not that bad just the pack members, I reminded myself. It's not like I'm going to make a fool of myself. NOOOOOO. I just jinxed myself CRAP! "Red calm down. You will be fine. I know the pack and my parents will love you." PARENTS! I almost fainted in his arms. What if they don't like me? I mean I've only met them like once, but I was so small. Did I ever do anything extremely embarrassing? Will I be forced to leave? No that could never happen...could it?

"Red, calm down. You're over thinking this. I can promise you nothing bad will happen. Now it's time for me to go"

"Red get your butt down here! We got chores to do!" Mel yelled. Well then. Daniel gave me a quick kiss before rushing downstairs to his meeting. "Ma-an" I sighed. Time to face the wrath of my- whats that smell? A new scent invaded my senses. Somebody was here that I never met. Could it be a member of Daniel's pack? No, it couldn't be because they don't smell like this.

I ran downstairs following the scent. If it is a threat they better watch their backs because I will tear them apart. "Who's this Jane?" I asked sweetly laced with a hidden threat. A large male stood next to her and by the looks of it, he must be that special person she was talking about. "Max meet my little sister Red. Red this is Max."

I eyed the six foot something blonde in front of me. "I'm Red the crazy sister and I am not sure if you've already gotten the talk from my brothers-"

"Or me" Mel budded in

"Yeah or that chick over there, but if you hurt her then you better sleep with one eye open."

"Believe me I've got a sac and a bag of frozen fish. If you are wondering if we are crazy enough to used them then yes we are, but I'll leave the punishments we will use on you.....I'll leave that for your imagination." Mel smiled with the thoughts of punishments we could use with a sac and bag of frozen fish. "I will definitely keep that warning in mind." he responded nervously. "Great welcome to the family" Mel tossed him an apple.

"You could have been a bit nicer" May whispered in my ear. "How did you greet him?" I asked. "Like a civil person, but I think Conner blew you guys away."

"Let me guess, he walked in when Conner was cleaning his shotgun?"

"Yup," she said sadly.

We both fell over with giggles. "At least, his wasn't as confusing as Mel's. What would we do with a bag of frozen fish? I was thinking of hitting him with a pan then throwing him over the roof." Though a bag of frozen fish sounds much more entertaining. "I have no clue, but you guys got your point out" Jane glared. What can I say, we are a loving insane family. "You had it lucky because Conner is like a mentor to Daniel. That and we've known the Nightshades for a while."

"How is Conner a mentor to him? I thought he had other older siblings?"

"He does, but they are all over the country. So far he is the only one in Oregon. Though his oldest brother is down in California, and the other two are out in Canada."

"What about his parents?" I asked timidly.

"They used to be here, but retired to Louisiana. Are you alright? You look a little pale"