Chapter 9: Family Showdown

"Sandra!" the older blonde haired man came catching Sandra in a hug. Worry creased wrinkles showed how stressed he was, but it also made him look mad. He had the same warm honey brown eyes as Sandra did and a slightly darker colored hair. She sobbed in his grasp surprising both him and the rest of us.

A large crowd gathered around to see their member reunited with her pack. Even though everything looked all happy, I knew the real truth behind why she left, and so does Jane. "You alright there Red? You look like you want to kill something" May asked through the earpiece. I assured her with a slight nod then took a look at her so-called 'pack.' Their pack was surprisingly different from the packs in our town most of them had multiple shades of hair color compared to the three packs of our city that had a hair color set.

For instance, the SilverMoon pack consists of blondes that turn to gray wolves, the BloodRed pack has mostly redheads (gingers), and the Nightshade pack includes of dark shades such as black or brown hair. The only type of wolf I haven't seen are the white ones (besides my family at least, but we are different), but I wouldn't have a clue what their hair color would be. Maybe a strawberry blonde. There were people of all over the place; then my eyesight landed on her. Just from what Sandra told me I knew she was the fake $l*t who hurt Sandra and looking at her made my blood boil. She had red hair with green eyes on a scowling face, and I'm confident that was the only part of her that wasn't fake. I hope karma comes back and kicks her in the a$$.

Conner clearing his throat brought everybody back to focus. "I have news to announce Alpha Glen." Everybody looked shocked and mostly confused because they were expecting us hunters to take the pay and go. "Well, what could this news be?" Alpha Glen asked with confusion as Conner nodded to her. He sniffed the air and looked at his teary-eyed daughter. "You're Mated?!" he yelled angrily looking at her mark. In the crook of her neck, there was a silvery gray crescent moon inscribed with Jessie's name. A deep growl interrupted his rant, and Jessie stepped out looking pissed. Yup things are about to get serious.

Quickly the rest of us stood defensively just in case."Time to bring out the popcorn it's about to get real like 'The Real Husbands of Hollywood" Jared smirked through our minds. Both May and Jane held from keeping a laugh. Sometimes my brother can be too much at a time like this. "She is my mate" my brother raged. "Son of a -" Glen started, "Alpha I'm sorry to inform you, but she is no longer a part of your pack. Once she stepped a foot off of your land she became a rouge. She later was mated and accepted into my pack." my brother's voice boomed with authority stopping both of them from lunging at each other, "This does not mean she will be separated from you, it is her choice."

Glen looked torn when Sandra nodded and pushed away from him. "I will still visit you daddy, but I will not stay here with the pack." she glanced at the fake b*tch in the group amongst her other slaves. He looked sad at first then got over it and nodded. "I'll see you again soon" he hugged her one last time then did something that shocked us all. He turned to Jessie with a curt nod, "You take care of her son."

He finished his warning with a smile while shaking hands with Jess. Wow. I was expecting to see some super werewolf fight, but this was so much more heartwarming. In the end, Jess got the girl, and the rest of us finally got some sleep.

_________________________________

Two more days passed quickly for me. I spent every second with my family which also included the newest member Sandra who was exactly like Jane's twin with brown eyes. She loved the same things Jane loved, but the only difference was that she also loved The Walking Dead! Yeah, that's right I said it. Now I have a buddy to watch the newest episodes with while eating complete junk food like my ultimate favorite Hot Cheetos.

"Hey, Red what are you doing?" May asked joining in on the party. By party, I mean playing video games on the Xbox 360. At this moment, I just started the State of Decay. Today Sandra went with Jessie to the mall, so it was just me with my side group of junk food and some carrots.

"What's wrong?" I asked, she looked worried about something and was failing to hide her expressions. She took a seat next to me placing her chin on her knees, " I don't know. I have a feeling something is wrong. Call it paranoia if you will, but it just feels awkward." I handed her the other controller, "I'm sure this will help stop that feeling. Like the rules of being a gamer state: Killing zombies help rid the mind of worries."

We spent the rest of the day slaying walking corpses and munching on food while doing so. It was nice to spend some time with my sister before I leave. No matter what I do to take my mind off of it, the days are passing by and ticking off until I have to run. Almost an hour later the boys joined us, and we had a full out tournament. The day ended surprisingly fast, and I soon found myself laying on my bed thinking about what May said.

Was the 'paranoia' she felt about me leaving? Guilt washed over me, but I pushed it away. If I stayed here, he would probably threaten my family. I pictured his perfect features and butterflies fluttered around. I miss him are- oh my gosh what am I thinking! I don't even know him, and I miss him? Am I insane? What if he is he a vampire that hypnotized me to think of him as if I've known him all my life? Or worse will I end up like Bella? I shook that scary thought away.

Just like werewolves, vampires are real, but I have yet to meet one. Somewhere in our history, a few members started hunting monsters due to personal issues, and it stuck. The same thing happened with the original Red's cousins Hansel and Gretel.

Deep down I think it has to do with the whole mate thing, but there isn't much I can turn to considering the position I am in. I sighed deeply. That one moment when I was happy, life just decided to throw a seriously cute alpha mate my way. Well, you never did give him a chance, my mind argued. I was too lazy to fight back, so I closed my eyes to enjoy the silence.