Chapter 29: The Blood Red Pack (Part 2)

The bullet flew by my face. Thank goodness for speed, but I can't just attack the girl. She laughed like a possessed child as her body changed. Her blond locks went crisp, skin paper dry, and eye white shot. She smiled at me, showing straight lines of piranha teeth sharp and edgy. I dodged the next bullet. Well, that answered my question. I rolled to the floor behind the table, flipping it over for cover. All of the weapons fell to the floor with clanks.

How could I not smell the rotten decaying flesh? Stupid, stupid, stupid! The perfume! Crap. 'That means there are more out there fighting without being found' my wolf theorized. I shot a warning shot at her feet. 'Red! Are you alright!?' May's voice echoed in my head. Of all times to distract me. The little monster advanced on me and threw the empty gun at me. She used up all her bullets leaving me to fight her with only hand on hand contact.

I threw a blow to her stomach causing her to fly into the wall. 'Just peachy' I responded harsher than I wanted. She lunged once more. We both flew crashing into the brick wall into the stairway. With her sharp claws digging deeper into my shoulders we tumbled down the stairs. She punched me in the face, each time her claws scraped the flesh of my cheek. 'Where are you Red!' she yelled frantically. 'Busy be there in a moment'

I kicked her off of me and ran for the cell. I only made it to the door before I was dragged down. I rolled from her grasp leaving her screaming in pain from slamming on to the concrete floor, and went to the chains. If I did this right, I might just be saved. With fast movements, I redirected her furious (and lousy) punches and twirled the chain around her forearm. I tugged once more slamming her against the cell block. The impact was so strong it left the metal indented.

I left her body on the floor and ran back to my sister. May ran to me, "Red I am so sorry, I should have been there -"

"I'm fine, but I need to get to Daniel." I rushed out of the house to the front yard prepared to see war. There was nothing there. Not a single wolf, vampire, or even human. "The rouges attacked between the border of Daniel's and Conner's land. They puled a surprise attack after taking you. Red where are you going?"

"To protect both my packs. Come on May we have to hurry"

The alpha blood in me wanted no needed to be there by my mates side and fight. The other part was to protect my family. I pulled up the garage door to see a pretty new Lamborghini. This should work. With May in the passenger seat, I hot wired the car until it's growling purr echoed in the garage. "Since when did you learn how to hotwire a car?" May questioned with an eyebrow raised. "You'd be surprised at some of the technological stuff I learned. Including hotwiring a car"

With May's amazing sense of direction (plus the fact she memorized where the packs borders are) we made it close to the house. What I saw was a nightmare. Bloody bodies lay on the snow white floor that was stained dark red. Wolves still tore at each other limb from limb. Flashes of gray, black, russet red, brown, and the occasional white blurred in the forest. I was still in the car when I saw the huge red wolf stalk, Jessie, while his neck was exposed.

Without thinking, I rammed the car forward. 'Jump on three! One....THREE!' Getting the message May flew out of the car just in time. The brand new Lamborghini went crashing into the rouge. I breathed a sigh of relief knowing Jess didn't get hurt. "Red?-"

"Go, I'm going to find Daniel" I cut off what they were both going to say. My wolf wanted out so I let her out.

One wolf lunged for my neck while I was on the run. I rolled to the side while grasping its neck in a clean movement then snapped it like a popsicle stick. Today was just not my day. To add to the annoyance and anger I felt an unbelievable rush of warmth spread through me. It was like taking a sip from a warm cup of hot chocolate during the freezing winter or getting into a nice warm home after walking through a frosty front yard.