Chapter 3: One Crazy Alpha

As soon as we got home, I grabbed the biggest bag of Hot Cheetos and ran upstairs to my room. Unfortunately, I heard Conner call me from downstairs, and by the looks of it, he was mad. I set the show for recording and made my way back downstairs to face the wrath of an angry brother.

"Sit." he motioned to the couch. I followed his order and sat down. "Red do you have any idea of what just happened?". I shook my head. All that I know that this hot alpha said I was the problem on his territory so to fix it I just went to Conner. "What was the big deal?" I asked him.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. It's a habit he got from our dad when he gets stressed. "Look Red, Do you remember the old folktale of our Great-grandmother Red Riding Hood?". Yeah, who doesn't? Over the years, they've made countless numbers of movies and books which barely even fit the truth anymore. Some were really close to the story while others were made up crap that a kindergartener could've written. "Every werewolf hunter knows the legend of Red Riding Hood," I matter-of-factly told him.

"Do you even remember it?". What was this some kind of trip question? "Yes, once upon a time-" I started but got cut off, "Red I'm serious".

"Okay, Okay our great-great-great grandma lost her husband to a werewolf. On that day, she hunted it down and killed it. Her children were trained to follow in her footsteps. Thus, we are here today."

"That is only part of the real legend," he said.

Wait for what?!? Now the rest of my of my older siblings were in the living room with Conner and me. "Red. It is a whole lot more to the story than you know. What do you know about werewolves?". What did I know about werewolves? Let's see I've hunted them for more than half my life. "Where are you going with this?" I asked him. "Red do you have any idea what a mate is to a werewolf?".

"Um yeah. Like a soul mate and....." I trailed off.

"And a werewolf would do anything for their mate even if it means starting a territorial war" He finished. Where is he going with all of this? I've got an episode of The Walking Dead to watch here! "Ok I get the whole mate stuff can I go back to bed I am exhausted" I complained. He sighed, "Alright go, but we aren't done with this conversation yet." I got to the bottom of the stairs when he yelled, "You better record the last episode." That's the Conner I know.

**************************************************

I remember when I made a vow to myself that I wouldn't drink soda at like one in the morning well I broke that vow last night when watching the best show in the world by the way, and had the weirdest dreams ever. I sat in the woods in the same clearing have I met the super hot 'Alpha.' Why was I here and most of all why do I think about him? "Deep down you know why your here." Speak of the Devil. Of course, he wore a black shirt that showed his muscular chest. "And why is that oh smart one?" I retorted.

"Simple"

"How simple."

He raised an eyebrow. He can raise an eyebrow too! Everything about him is what I dream about. "Why am I here again? You know I was expecting creepy possessed zombie with amazing throwing skills attacking me". He chuckled, "You aren't like normal girls are you?". I hope that was some kind of compliment. "Nope," I said popping the 'p.'

He stepped closer. With every step, he took towards me took few steps back. "You do know why you're here right?". Ok, he may be charming, but his smirk is irking me. "Why am I here? Don't you mean why are you here because this is my dream"? Again with that damn smirk. "Maybe or Maybe not." "You know you alphas are very confusing, and did I forget to mention crazy?"

"No, not really. Do you know anything about mates?" he asked.

What the Eff! Why is everybody going crazy about mates? We are hunters we hunt them so what is the whole talk about mates. He noticed my WTF look. For a moment, I saw so many different emotions in his expression. Anger, confusion, sadness, and...love? As quickly as they appeared they disappeared behind his poker face. "You might want to leave," he said nonchalantly. I left the clearing to the edge of the wood's entrance. I don't know if I heard right, but it sounded like he murmured "Mate."

But when I looked back, he was gone. He is one crazy Alpha.

"Red hurry up. We got a call for help from the Silvermoon pack. There is a large pack of rogues attacking" Conner yelled from downstairs. This time, I wasn't going to lose my staff. After I secured the staff and my gun in my belt, followed by my twin daggers inside the pocket of my cloak, I went to the backyard (technically our backyard is the forest) All of my siblings waited by the edge of the porch.

"Red you and the twins make a move on to the left of their border" he instructed on the earpiece making his way to the driver seat.

"Gotcha"

The earpieces are the best invention ever. It's a chip that goes in your ear, it has a very sensitive scanner that amplifies our vocals through our mind which allows us to communicate to each other quietly. All you have to do is think of what you want to say and say it. When hunting werewolves, it comes in handy to talk through the mind. Translation: We can speak through our minds.

It was hectic when we arrived. Wolves fought, teeth were bared, and growls erupted from the forest. I clicked my staff to its average size. The boys dispersed into the woods leaving me to clear the border. I ran through dodged any fights that were already taking place.

A growl stopped me. A large russet brown wolf stood just a few feet in front of me. I held my staff in a defensive mode before he charged baring his teeth. Whoever this 'wolf' is they must be a rogue because the Silvermoon pack consists of mainly gray wolves. My staff stopped his charge as I dove to his right side. With my left hand, I pulled out a dagger and dragged it into him. He ran out of the woods whimpering with his tail in between his legs. Serves him right.

From there I continued. I could see fragments of red and gray fur through all of the trees. Another wolf came at me, but this one was a tad bit smaller with a darker coat. For a rogue she-wolf, she fought well. We dodged and attacked for a while, but in the end, I was the one that was still standing. "How are you doing out there Red?" Conner asked. He must've been in a fight because his voice came out a little muffled.

"Same as always. They don't call me the legendary Red Rose for nothing."

"Ha very funny, Just be careful out there."

Why would he be worried about me now? Yeah, I can be clumsy at times, but I am quite a skilled opponent to any rogue or wolf out there. Some would consider me deadly with the weapons I have today. That is I got the nickname "Deadly Red Rose" for two reasons.

1. I was so fast all they saw was a flash of my fiery red cloak or hair.

2. Every wolf I have ever fought left alive with scars or not alive at all.

I snapped back to reality when something hit me from the side. A giant chocolate brown wolf towered over me. I rolled from out of his grip on me and went for my staff. I was so close to it; then I felt the pain in my ankle. It felt like somebody was stabbing a knife in my ankle. He dragged me away from the staff with his grip on my ankle digging deeper. With my other leg, I kicked him in the face with as much force as I could muster. Damn it.

If the kicking wouldn't work, then I would try my dagger. I aimed for his face, and when the pressure on my leg lessened, I made a run for it. In all reality, I crawled my butt into a fallen log that was hollow. Hopefully, this plan would work because all I was doing was improvising. His raging green eyes appeared from the end of the woods. He crawled in deeper and growled with a toothy grin. Just like the wolves from my dream. I waited for him to come in deeper. Ha! He fell into my trap. That's when I pulled out my gun..... Bang!

________________________________________________________________________________