Chapter 11: Who Let The Wolf Out?

Could this get any worse? I have a freaky wolf stalking towards me, and I am in a wolf form. Did I forget to mention that I have no clue on how to fight let alone maneuver in wolf form? The world around me kept on spinning as I got up from the ground. The wolf started it's way to me again. Hurry woman,  My wolf rushed.

The wolf jumped at me again, this time, his teeth came in contact with my left paw. I felt his teeth rip my flesh. I rolled to the side and bolted the other direction for cover. It would have worked if I KNEW how to run in my wolf form. Running on two legs are completely different from running on four paws. Instead of getting away I tripped and stumbled within two footsteps away from the annoyed werewolf. Attempting to fight a beast with another voice in your mind yelling survival fighting tactics (that you don't have) in your mind can be very frustrating.

'Let me take over.' My wolf commanded rather than suggested. Temper, temper. What did I have to lose anyway? I did as she commanded and felt the change. My senses became more aware of my surroundings, which helped in my predicament. I sent a warning growl at the rogue. I figured he would ignore the growl and attack, but he just let out a howl in defeat. Was it that easy? 'No. Things are about to get a lot worse' my wolf stated.

I understood what she meant when another two wolves came running to its side growling at me. What I thought was a howl of defeat was a howl for backup. Seriously? I stood my ground silently observing any weaknesses the wolves had. The smaller blond wolf stepped forward her eyes glinting with malice. Luckily, she cringed when she placed her left foot down. 'Remember that when she attacks' my wolf said. The other wolf on the left side had what looked like a fractured shoulder with a possible bullet wound.

I took in the sight of my opponents eyeing their every move. It helped with my wolf's instincts, but the both of us have never had any experience in fighting. A few howls echoed in the distance, but I stayed focused. This is going to be a heck of a fight. 'Wait for it...Now' my wolf guided me. Even if I was a few inches smaller than the other wolves, except for the female wolf, I had something they didn't have speed.

I dodged and weaved through their attacks as if I was human. 'I can take them out if I change. How do I change?" I asked, but got no response. I tackled the blondie and bit down on the same leg that was already injured. The sharp jaws bit into my tail and tossed me into a tree. Pain spread through my shoulder and throbbed. My vision started to blur, and the wolves gave me that same evil grin like the ones from my dreams. Ok, wolves really shouldn't do that it makes them look like wannabe Jokers.

But the grins got wiped - smacked off when a huge black wolf protectively towered over me. What the eff is going on? I asked my wolf. For some reason, she just howled happily. Our mate's here! He growled at them, daring them to come any closer. The two smaller ones knew they didn't stand a chance, so the ran off with their tails in between their legs. Ha, run you little buttheads! 'Really, buttheads? a husky voice questioned in my mind.

'Yes, I di- What the HELL?!?' I screeched. How in the snappy crack pop did he get into my mind? Oh, my sweet love for Jacob he is a vampire! He growled possessively, and I'm not sure if it is from my thoughts or the giant wolf in front of us. My bet is going to the second one because he lunged. Jaws were snapping, and it was a blast of fury. Everything ended with a bone-snapping crunch.

'Go to our mate' my wolf whined.

'Now you're getting on my nerve, just shut up!' I snapped.

With everything going on I didn't realize my shoulder was a bloody sight. Daniel let go of the limp body and shifted midway. And no he wasn't naked I don't know who came up with that theory, but that's just gross, he came up to me wearing a simple black t-shirt and regular fit jeans. Is black the only color he wears? He noticed my gaze and smirked. If wolves could blush, I would be the color of a tomato.

Wait why is he coming closer? My wolf jumped excitedly in my mind while I backed away. "Come on; I don't bite. Unless you want me to." he flashed a thousand-watt smile. 'I could get used to that smile' my wolf purred. I rolled my eyes and backed up until I rammed into a tree. Taking the chance, he swooped me up in his arms like I weighed nothing. Sparks jolted through my whole body and butterflies fluttered in my stomach.

My wolf was squealing like a fifteen-year-old girl who just kissed her crush. He chuckled at my squirming, but it felt awkward being in his arms. Awkward, yet I felt like nobody could ever hurt me. By now we made it to an unfamiliar house. Hold up, Did I say house? I'm sorry I mean MANSION. I thought our three-story house was immense; his home was around four times the size of mine.

After gawking at his house, I realized something that was VERY important. I was on his territory and more importantly in his arms, close to him. I struggled harder to get out of his reach, but he held on. He waited until we got inside then sat me down on the kitchen floor and gave me a stern look. "All I am going to do I clean up your wound. So stay there, and we can get it cleaned up" he said as if she was talking to a newly adopted puppy.

Here is a hint of advice. DON'T tell an immature person not to do something when you know they are going to do anyways and expect them not to do it. I am not a mature person; I have the same maturity as a six-year-old. What do you expect to happen? Yeah, I bolted to the front door as soon as he turned his back to open the cabinet.