~~Why~~

Chapter Forty two:

~~Why~~

"Get ready. You have school in half an hour" Dean said waking me up. Then he left my room. I slipped whatever I could find on and ran down to the kitchen. Ian and Hunter were in the kitchen with their backpacks next to them. Ian was drinking the milk from his cereal and Hunter was re copying notes. Evan came into the room.

"It's raining outside" He informed us. Hunter got up and got two umbrellas and handed one to Ian.

"Everyone ready to go?" Dean asked.

"Backpacks check, homework check, Dani at Martha's check, Umbrellas check." Evan counted making us laugh.

"I think we are all ready to go" I said. Dean nodded and we all walked to the front door. I noticed Dean had his working clothes in a plastic bag and he was carrying it. "You have to work today?" I asked him.

"Yeah from eight to three. So i'll be a few minutes late to pick you guys up."

"You hear that guys, Dean's going to be a little late to pick us up tonight. So stay out of trouble and wait" I told them. They all nodded. Ian reached over and opened the door, a gust of wind came at us like there was no tomorrow. Evan should have said it was pouring outside, but all he said was that it was raining. Well that was an understatement it was pouring hard outside. Evan grabbed one umbrella and then Ian and together they ran out to the car. Hunter grabbed the other one and me and together we ran to the car. Dean headed out after us, without an umbrella, since we only had two.

"I'm so glad I put my work clothes in a bag, instead of wearing them" He said as he carefully backed out of the driveway and headed for the school.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Evan and Ian's school came into view and together, without an umbrella, they ran up the to the school after saying bye to us.

Next stop was the high school. Dean pulled up to the main entrance. Hunter ran out with one umbrella, saying he'll be waiting in front when school ends. Dean grabbed the other umbrella as I was going for it and got out. He came to the passenger side of the car and opened the door. I got out and he held the umbrella over both of us.

"Have a nice day at school" I opened the school door and walked in. He turned around and went back to his car lowering the umbrella and closing it, he got in. He looked back to see if I was still there, which I was, he waved and I waved back then he left. I spun around a headed to my locker, just as the bell rang.

****Last period of the day****

"Now class I know you all know that this class period is only ten minutes long" Mr. Jones told the class. "There will be an assembly in the gym for seniors, then the whole school will be there."

"What is this assembly for?" Someone in the class asked.

"I can honestly say I have no idea, but I will be going to it as well so I guess we'll all see together" He sat down in his seat and watched the clock while everyone started to talk with each other.

"So hows it doing?" Kevin asked me.

"It has a name" I told him.

"Well i don't know what it is so I don't know"

"It is a girl and I've already told you that"

"Must have slipped my mind"

"Whatever" I stopped talking to him.

"You're going to stop talking to me, wow real mature" I saw Shaun motion for me to go over to his table, so I did.

"Where's Debby?" I asked him.