Chapter 34: Two Messages And One True Friend

(Jungkook's POV)

   One of the maids opened the door and I stood up and went to see who it was. I heard Jimin's quiet footsteps behind me.

"Is Soohyun here?" The voice called. As I walked closer I saw an older woman and a younger girl behind her. "Sorry ma'am, but who are you?" The maid asked. I stood next the maid. "How did you get past the gate entrance?" I asked suspiciously. "I'm looking for Sohyun, is she here?" The lady asked, raising her voice. "Ma'am, there is no need to get angry. We're not going to tell you until you tell us your name."

"I'm just looking for my son!" She cried out.

Jimin peaked his head out over my shoulder to see. The little girl behind the lady looked up at me from the maid and her eyes widened. 'The hell? Why is she looking at me like that?' She ran up to me and I freaked out and backed out of the way. I saw her jump on top of Jimin as he caught himself from falling. "Jimin!" The girl cried out. "U-Uh..." He looked at me, frightened.

The lady welcomed herself inside, the maid went to grab the lady's arm, but she already had Jimin in her arms as well.

I scratched my head out of confusion.

Jimin sheepishly hugged her back. "Why didn't you say anything?! Do you know how worried I was when I saw that you didn't come home with Eunji?!" The lady yelled.

"Do we kick them out?" The maid asked me quietly.

"Not yet." I responded. "Why did you come here?"

(Eunji's POV)

    He couldn't look me in the eyes. His Mother looked at me, then back at him. She wanted to know the answer as well. "Did you want to see Sohyun?" His Mother asked, little did she know that Sohyun was no longer a part of this household. Which made me even more curious.

"What? No. I didn't come here to see Sohyun." I watched him steal a glance at the black haired boy who was watching us silently.

"Then why did you come here?" I asked again. "Because I wanted to! That doesn't concern you!" Jimin startled me with his sudden jump in tone. The feeling he gave me was undescribable. "Jimin!" His Mother yelled. "Don't-"

"Would you just leave me alone?! I can't right now. I just... can't!" He yelled back at his Mother. His Mother was surprised he was acting this way. We both continued to stand there with pain in our hearts. "Can you just leave already?" He said looking at me. His words were like daggers that pierced my heart in more than one way. "Wow." I wasn't about to break down in front of him. If he clearly doesn't want me to be here anymore, then I guess I'll leave. Maybe that'll make it easier for him.

But not for me.

I walked out with tears only in my eyes, daring to fall down my flushed cheeks. I walked up to Jimins Mother's car and got into the passenger seat. I sunk down as far as I could and looked out the window to see his Mother walking by herself to the car. She kept her head down and her shoulders slouched.

When she got in the car, she looked at me and grabbed my hand. "I'm sorry you have to go through this. I don't know what's gotten into him." She said as she removed her hand and turned on the car before driving home.

'Why was he being like this? What did I do wrong?'

"I just don't understand." I held my head up as I squinted at the afternoon sun. It was getting late, but the sun was still shining as much as it could before it had fully left. The sky was a beautiful mirage of oranges and pinks along with a hint of yellow. Even in it's latest peak, it was still shining as bright as ever all the way until it couldn't shine anymore.