Chapter 17: I Don't Care.

(Eunji's POV)

   I pulled a chair up by my mom's bed and sat there, watching her inhale and exhale. 'I wonder when she'll wake up. I hope it's soon.'

Just then a nurse came in, "Oh, good morning." She said to me in a low voice being polite and trying not to be loud since Eomma is sleeping.

I gave a small smile, "morning." I said looking at her. She had a tray of food, I'm guessing was for my mom for when she woke up. It made me curious.

"Um, do you know when she's going to wake up?" I said gesturing to my mom. The nurse looked at me and smiled. "Actually I do, I was going to tell you, but you beat me to it." She chuckled. "Dr. Lee told me to tell you to be expecting her to wake up in the next hour or so, okay?" She smiled at me before going back to setting up Eomma's food.

I felt my face brighten up by the second. I felt so relieved. So happy. My smile grew so big. I looked at Eomma. I felt my body become all warm and fuzzy. 'I can't wait to see your smile again. I can't wait to be in your embrace and you to tell me it'll be alright or maybe it will be the other way around.'  I thought of what happened to cause this in the first place.

"Annyeong!"

I looked up.

My jaw dropped.

'No.'

The nurse looked at who happened to invite herself here. "Um miss, I don't think you're allowed to be here, especially at this hour. Unless you're a relative..." the nurse looked at me as if waiting for confirmation.

"U-Um, she's-"

"I'm just a friend." She said, smirking at me. 'No. Please, get away from me. Tell her to leave.'

"Well...then, that still isn't allo-"

"Oh, I'm not staying," She said innocently as she smiled. 'Oh thank god.'

"I came to pick Eunji up!"

'Wut.'

"I figured I should go take her to get some fresh air, and maybe get flowers for her mom when she wakes up!" She said to the nurse, who seemed totally convinced. "Oh, well that's really kind of you! Oh Eunji, you have such an amazing friend! Well you girls go have fun!" The nurse said smiling widely.

'Are you serious?! Really?! No. I'm not stepping one foot out that door. Is she really doing this?!'

I just looked at both the nurse and Sohyun. Sohyun was staring at me expectedly. When I didn't do anything, she cleared her throat.

"C'mon Eunji! Let's go have fun!" She said smiling. 'I don't want to...'

The nurse started to head to the door. "Wait! Where are you going?" What I was really saying was 'please don't leave me with her!' The nurse looked at me weirdly, "Um...I'm getting another pillow for your mom along with some blankets...why? Is something wrong?" The nurse asked, concerned.

"Um...n-no." I said softly. "Okay." The nurse smiled and walked out of the room leaving me and her.

Sohyun watched the nurse leave before looking at me with those devilish eyes. She smirked.

I gulped.

"W-Why are you here?"

She chuckled, "Really. I though it was obvious, since you are the one that texted me, was it not?"

'Oh no. What do I say?'

"Yes, it was." I might as well just tell the truth. She probably has already figured me out.