Chapter 19: Happy

(Eunji's POV)

I jumped with my eyes wide as I watched grandma start bursting out in laughter. I was so confused. 'What?! Is there something on me?!'

I looked up and I could see the front of my hair sticking almost straight up from all of Soonshim's salivia. I was disgusted at first, but then I looked at Tae and his grandma. I couldn't help but laugh too. 'They look so much alike. Their smiles. Their eyes. Their laughs.' Soonshim came out with her tail wagging as she looked at me. It looked like she was smiling.

"L-Let me show y-you to the bathroom so you can wash up." Tae said as he tried to stop laughing and guide me to the bathroom. "Well finally!" I said jokingly as I stiffly followed behind.

He walked me to the bathroom making sure he didn't touch my arms or my hair.

"Here you go." Tae said with a smile as I walked into the bathroom. He got me a towel. "Thanks" I said before closing the door.

(Taehyung's POV)

I walked back to the kitchen and saw that grandma was done laughing and was back to baking. She saw me and smiled.

"She sure is something." She said to me.

I smiled.

"I know right." My grandma looked at me with her eyebrow raised and a smirk on her face.

"U-Uh I mean uh yeah haha I guess..." I said as I rubbed the back of my neck. She chuckled. "Does she know?"

I paused.

"What?"

"You know, does she know you have feelings for her?" She said as she mixed the ingredients in a big glass bowl. I felt my ears get hot. "W-What are you talki- Nonono I don't have...f-feelings for her?!" I managed to say.

'Why did I become so defensive?'

"Why are you raising your voice at me? And don't try denying it. You know that I know that we know you obviously have feelings for her. Obviously she's special otherwise you wouldn't have brought her here to meet me in the first place. Don't lie to yourself like that. It will only cause more problems for you in the end." She said as she began placing little clumps of cookie dough on a pan.

I pondered a bit about what she had said.

'She's right. One hundred percent. I can't believe it took me this long to realize it myself. I really have been going out of my way for her and I've been doing things that I normally don't do. It's just...she makes me feel so...happy. She makes me feel like I have my bestfriend back. Like he never left...'

"Thanks grandma." I said to her as she finished washing her hands after putting the cookies in the oven.

She looked at me and opened her arms up, "Come here." I didn't hesitate and walked straight into her embrace. "I'm so grateful I have you." I smiled. "Ohh Taehyung ah. I'm grateful I have you too." I heard her say as she patted my back before letting go of the hug.

I took a deep breath.

"Well, I'll go scrounge for some clothes for Eunji to wear." I said with a smile. My grandma smiled back. "Okay. Don't give her anything too big that won't fit her. Oh! Actually, I think I have some old clothes that she could borrow."

(Eunji's POV)

"Ah, so refreshing!"

I wrapped the towel around me and grabbed my clothes. I checked all the pockets for my phone to check the time. I reached my hand in the front pocket of my jacket.