Chapter 23: Officially Together

(Eunji's POV)

   I woke up from the best night's sleep and saw Jimin leaned up against my end table, peacefully sleeping with drool coming down the side of his face.

I chuckled.

'He's so cute.' I thought as I heard a soft snore come from him. 'He must have been so tired.'  I watched his chest rise and fall.

I looked over to the other side of my bed the  back to him. 'I almost wish he would have slept on my bed. Sleeping like that's going to hurt when he wakes up.'

// "I'm glad I love you, Eunji."//

I looked down. 'Why does he keep doing that! He keeps saying these things that are confusing me. I feel all happy and jumpy when he says those things, but then something else hits me. It makes me feel...guilty and I don't know why but I don't like it.'

I shook my thoughts and quietly got up hoping not to wake him. I tiptoed to the door.

"Eunji..where are you going..?" He said as he slowly opened his eyes to look at me.

'Damn it.'

I smiled at him as I walked back over and sat down next him. He positioned himself so he was turned over and facing me. "Good morning." I said softly. He smiled and rubbed his eyes. "Good morning." He said groggily.

"...Thank you...for last night." I said.

He stopped rubbing his eyes and looked at me, "Don't worry about it. Really. It's just another thing I do." He said. "And another thing I owe you." I said. "Eunji, you don't owe me anything. We're... bestfriends..that's what they do. They help each other out." He said.

'I can tell that was hard to say. I know he wants to be more than friends, but I...I just don't know. I want to be certain of my feelings before I say anything about it.'

"Jimin."

"I have an idea." I said as I stood up. "What is it?" He said. I reached out my arms to him. He looked at my arms then back to my face giving me a confused face. I chuckled. "Give me your hands."

"Why?" He asked hiding his hands behind his back.

"I'm not going to hurt you. C'mon hurry." I said motioning him to give me his hands. He slowly placed his hands in mine. I used all my body weight to then lift him up off the ground. He was surprised at my sudden strength.

He was now standing and not a second later "Ahh! Ow ow ow!" He yelled as he stretched his back. "Aish, why is your table so hard? And you said you wouldn't hurt me!" He whined as he continued to stretch and complain.

"Yah, it's a table, what do you expect? And I said I wouldn't hurt you. The one to blame is you." I said walking over and began massaging his back causing him to stop moving.

"Me? How is it my fault?" He asked glancing behind his shoulder.

"It's obviously your fault because you shouldn't have slept on the floor. You could have slept...with me." I said getting quieter as I continued with where I was going because what I said was clearly the best thing to say.

I mentally was hitting myself.

He glanced back again this time turning around to face me. He didn't say anything and continued to look at me. Looking into his eyes almost put me in a trance making me not want to leave.

He gently put his hand on my cheek and drew himself closer to me as if he wasn't close enough.

Feelings and emotions were just taking over me and I didn't know what to do. If I should lean in and have my long time wish come true or push him away because of the mixed emotions and cloudy thoughts I'm currently having.