Chapter 10: New Friend

(Eunji's POV)

I slowly opened my eyes. My cheeks were damp I guess from last night. I sniffled. I lazily turned my head towards my clock.

'8:47 a.m.'

I groaned.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. The sunlight was seeping through the window blinds leaving little light in my room. I yawned as the thought of Appa came rushing to my mind. 'Why did you have to leave us.'

A flashback of last night played in my head,

//"HE LEFT US!! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! HE'S GONE EUNJI! HE'S LEFT US FOR SOME OTHER WOMEN!! HE TOOK EVERYTHING AND RAN AWAY WITH IT!! EVEN OUR MONEY!! FOREVER!" She yelled as she pushed me and covered her face with her hands. She started to sob harder as she covered her nose with the tissues, leaning into her lap.//

Eomma...

I got out of bed and left my room. The house was silent. I walked to Eomma's bedroom door. I was about to open it when something stopped me.

'I can't believe such a thing could happen to this family. We were already struggling with each other as it was. I never really truly bonded with Appa but, I was still secretly gratefully for him being able to put a roof over my head, having food, clothes.... I just can't believe it...'

I took a deep breath and opened the door slowly.

I walked in and saw an empty room. She wasn't here. But atleast her things were still here. I had nothing to worry about. She's not the type of person to be so careless.

I walked out of the her room and closed her door. I didn't want to be in there any longer otherwise I would end up looking at all the places where Appa's things used to be. Tears were begging to fall but I refused to let them.

I walked back into my room and picked out some clothes that I was going to be wearing today since I wasn't going to school. Ahh...school... I wonder if Jimin is worried. If he's looking for me. I shook my head wanting to get him out of my mind. Today I don't want to think about anything.

I just want to go out.

I showered and put on black skinny jeans with a purple crop top and my converse. I decided to leave my wavy brown hair down. I grabbed my phone and purse then went downstairs.

I walked out the house, closing the door making sure that it was locked. The sun was warm and there was a cool breeze to make it perfect.

I didn't really know where to go since the neighborhood was still new to me so I just decided to casually stroll down the sidewalk.

I came across a café. I gave it some thought and decided to go in. When I walked in, the smell of coffee instantly found me. The smell of it was bitter yet sweet at the same time. It was comforting. My plan wasn't to really to get anything; it was to just relax in the cozy environment.

I sat at a table that was by the window. I set my phone on the table and looked around. I could hear music playing in the background but it was very quiet. I looked around and noticed that there wasn't really anybody in here but three of four other people. All of which were on their electronic devices. I huffed and turned my head to look out the window with my head resting on my hand.

My eyes were following the cars as they raced past. I was watching people rush down the sidewalks, in a hurry to get somewhere. I looked down at my phone. It made me realize that I don't have Mijin's number or even Jimin's for that matter. The image of Mijin's empty desk popped up in my mind. 'Oh yeah. I forgot that she wasn't at school. I really hope that she's okay.'