Chapter 32: A Really Bad Idea

(Mijin's POV)

"Ahh. This is nice." Taehyung said as he sipped his coffee. I nodded. "Thank you for remembering. To be honest, I thought you were just saying that before to be nice. I didn't think you were serious about coming here with me everyday." I said softly, looking at the table. "Of course I was serious." Was all he said, then we became quiet and all you could hear was the conversations of the other customers here and the sound of the coffee machines in the back from the baristas.

"Is it good?" He asked me, looking at my iced tea. "Mmhm. Want to taste it?" He hesitated. "Don't make this awkward. Just try it." I saw a grin appear on his face. "I'm not!" He said as he took my drink and sipped it. I couldn't read his expression. "So...?"

He shrugged. "It's okay, I guess. I think I'll just stick to my coffee." He said as he placed my drink back down on table in front of me. "Whatever. More for me then." I said as we both took a sip of our own drinks.

"So how are you holding up in school?" I asked, trying to get a conversation going. He looked at me in the corner of his eyes and shrugged as he looked out the window. "Pretty good, I guess." He scratched his head. "I could be doing better." I tilted my head. "What do mean? What are you not doing that's not making it better?"

He sighed. Something about how he responded made me feel like I brought up a sensitive topic. "Oh I don't know. It's just... I guess it's my perspective of things." He took a sip of his coffee. "There's a lot I'm not doing." Just as I was about to ask more, he switched it on me. "What about you? How are you holding up?" I pursed my lips, then smiled. "I'm holding up good. I was falling behind a little, but I got all caught up after staying up late studying and finishing late assignments." He nodded as I spoke. "You seem like a good student." He said frankly. I tried not to respond weirdly to that, but it was difficult. "Oh ehhh Thank you...?"

"Don't make it awkward. It was just a compliment." He hid his obvious smirk. "Taehyung I am going to hit you." I shot back which only made his smirk even more obvious. "You said it first. Not me." He mumbled softly. "Yah." He giggled.

"No but for real, I think you're really smart." He said to me as his smirk faded away. I looked down at my drink at back at him. 'Okay Mijin, don't get all weird now. He's just complimenting you.'

"Okay geeze, hehe, I get it. You can stop." I supressed a smile. "And since I'm laying it all on the table, you're really pretty too." I heard the giggle in his voice. I felt my face get hotter. 'DON'T GET WEIRD MIJIN, HE'S JUST COMPLIMENTING YOU. REPEAT, DON'T GET WEIRD MIJIN, HE IS JUST COMPLIMENTING YOU.' I was mentally screaming.

Seriously, what is wrong with me? I continued to look at my drink and the table with a small smile on my face. I couldn't make eye contact, I felt to uncomfortable. I think he got the hint because his face popped up out of nowhere underneath mine. "Are you blushing?" He said like he was surprised. I cleared my throat and leaned back in my seat. He was too close for comfort. "No." I said defensively and rested my face in the palms of my hands to cover my flushed cheeks. 'God, this is so embarrassing.'

He leaned back in his seat with a satisfied smirk. "You suck." I told him and tried to giggle away my embarrassment. He laughed. "Why? I didn't do anything?" He shrugged. I nodded my head. "Yeah, you did. You thought it'd be funny to see me blush over your stupid-ness." I said as I brought up my cold iced tea to each side of my face. He laughed even harder. "Stupid-ness? It's not stupid-ness, it's called a compliment, Mijin. But yes, it was very funny." He smiled at me. As soon as I saw his weird-looking face, I couldn't help but smile too.

"Ugh, you're so weird!" I told him and laughed as I covered my face. "Weird?! Am not! I am and will be the most normal person you will ever meet. Ever." He crossed his arms defensively. "Okay, sure."