Chapter 30: Sohyun's Afternoon

(Sohyun's POV)

"SOHYUN! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW UPSET I AM WITH YOU!" Father yelled as I walked in the door feeling absolutely terrified and gross from having to ride the bus home. "Disappointed too!" Mother added with her arms crossed. I looked over and saw Jungkook watching from afar and immediately felt embarrassed. 'Why does he have to be here? Why can't he just go to his room.'

I opened my mouth wanting to speak when Father stepped closer pointing his finger at me. "Do you realize what you've done?! Thanks to you, your Mother and I had to deal with dumb, disrespectful teenagers lecturing us about how our own spOILED DAUGHTER KILLED SOME GIRL'S MOTHER!" Father yelled making that vein on his neck pop out.

"WHAT COULD HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN GOING ON IN THAT SMALL HEAD OF YOURS WHEN YOU THOUGHT THAT WAS OKAY?!" He was so angry that he was literally spitting every word out making me flinch every time.

"Not to mention that you even had the audacity to get someone else to help you!" Mother stepped in, "Now, because of what you did, we have to do something otherwise those teenagers will tell the police and have you arrested! And do you know what that'll do?! That will ruin our reputation! Everything I have ever worked for will be destroyed thanks to you! Sohyun, I can't even stand to look at you right now! Why am I so cursed with a child like you! Why can't you be more like your brother? He's a straight A student with the highest GPA in his school. He's taking vocal lessons and dancing lessons on top of the taekwondo he's learned as well. He's obedient and respectful to his elders. He's everything we want him to be. Why can't you be the same?" She shook her head in disappointment.

It felt like my heart was ripped out of me. It felt like my soul had been sucked up and spit out. I didn't know what to say. Even Jungkook got up and quietly went up to his room.

"...I-I'm sorry..." I tried to say with my shaky voice. "SORRY ISN'T GOING TO FIX ANYTHING! NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM AND START PACKING!" Father yelled in my face. My jaw dropped. 'Wait. We're moving today? Right now? Where do they even plan to go?' I quietly dismissed myself and began walking towards the stairs.

I solemnly made my way to room as some of the maids I passed by gave me stares while others snickered.

I closed my door and plopped down on my bed. 'What the hell. Why is this happening to me? Why does my dad have to be such a jerk. There's no need to scream every word. It's not like I'm deaf.'

I heard a quiet knock on the door. "What do you want." I said wiping my eyes making sure my mascara wasn't running. "To come in." I rolled my eyes when I heard Jungkook's quiet voice through my door. "Well no, you can't. Maybe you should go make fun of someone else." I said to him as I layed back onto my bed. "Noona, I'm not going to make fun of you. Just please, can I come in?" He said a little louder.

"...Fine." I sighed. "Yeah, come in." I said and got up. I brought my suitcase over to my bed and started pulling out clothes from my drawers and carelessly shoving them into my suitcase. He hesitantly walked in and gently placed himself at the edge of my bed.

I didn't bother looking at him. "Um..." He began as he chewed on his lip. "...I just want to say..that... I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what? For being perfect?" I shot back as I shoved a couple more shirts into my suitcase. "..I- uh...I think so...?" He said thinking hard on it. I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh. "Look, noona, I'm really sorry for everything. I feel bad because of how much the parents expect out of you. It makes me upset that they think you're like me when you aren't. I'm not like you either. I'm not perfect. I may seem like I am, but I don't think I am at all. There's still plenty of things that need improvement." He said gently.