Chapter 27: Beginning Of A New Friendship

(Mijin's POV)

   When I walked to my locker I found Jungsook standing there waiting -I guess- for me. I felt myself getting really happy.

'Jungsook, you're such a great friend.'

"Good morning Jungsook!" I said cheerfully with a big smile on my face. He smiled back as he let out a relieving sigh letting his shoulders fall down and relax. "Good morning Mijin."

He scooted out of the way so I could get into my locker. "I'm glad that we have our Mijin back." He said, content. "Yeah, we were really starting to miss her." I turned around to see Yuri, Soohee, and Hyemi smiling at me. "Aww guys. Im glad to be back too." I giggled as they pulled me into a group hug.

After talking for a bit, I decided to excuse myself and Yuri insisted on walking me to my class not letting me give an answer before urging me away from our group. "See you guys at lunch!" I smiled to them. The rest of them smiled back and waved before heading to class.

When we made it to class and Yeri finally let go of my arm, she looked me in the eyes. "What? Why are you looking so serious?" I asked.

Her gaze was strong, looking right into my eyes. "Guess what." She said more like a statement than a question. "What?" I asked as a small smile started to grow because of the face she was giving me. "I. got. an. A. ON. MY. TEST!" I watched as her straight face lit up and a bright smile appear.

I laughed. "That's what you needed to tell me? Haha! Well good for you though!" I smiled knowing that Yeri always had a hard time with her grades.

We high-fived each other.

"Thanks. I studied so hard. My parents are so surprised and proud that we're going to have a party this weekend and I'd love for you to come!" She said with her eyes wide with excitement. "A party? Wow. Of course I'll come!"

She jumped up, "Sweet! Oh it's going to be so much fun!" She hugged me. "Well see ya at lunch, ok?" She began to walk away. I nodded, "Yep." And walked into class.

When I walked in the classroom, it was louder than usual. Some girls were up and talking to their friends, and some boys were roughhousing and chasing each other. It was nice to see that things were different. Different as in a good way though.

I felt myself to be happier than usual too, and I liked it. I had a genuine smile on my face as I walked over to my desk.
.
.
.

(Taehyung's POV)

   I was sitting in my seat leaned back with my music blasting into my ears and my eyes closed.

'Today I'm going to focus on nothing but myself and my school work. I'm not going to let anything distract me. I'm not going to even think about her or-'

Someone bumped my desk making my books fall to the ground. I didn't want to open my eyes and see one of guys that were running around earlier. I sighed and took out one of my earbuds as I opened my eyes.

"Oh." I breathed out as I saw...her...again.

She scrambled to the floor to quickly pick up my books, jumped up and placed them back on my desk. "Oh I'm sorry Taehyung. I'm just really clumsy aren't I. I don't know why but I keep on bumping into you. Sorry again." She said with a sad smile and walked away to her seat. My eyes subconsciously followed her until she sat down. I looked away as soon as she was about to look at me.

'Oh god. I need to stop and remember what I said I would do.' I sighed and put my earbud back in, closing my eyes, and putting my head down on my desk until class began.