Chapter 16

Alex's POV:

"Recently an extremely peculiar death of Adam Connors, a good friend of Mr. James startled us. What surprised us even more, was a horrifying note-

'The game has just begun'

Written in red this note is definitely for someone. What do you think about it, Mark? " Said one of the reporters on the television.

Kelly and Jeremy looked towards me and I just shrugged.

"Well, I totally think this was executed and planned by a secret group. From what we heard from the spectators they say that a man was being chased by some other men who eventually died. Though many people are happy since he was not perceived as an angel, his close friend Mr. James seems to be in grief. " The reporter named Mark replied.

This led both Jeremy and Kelly to look in my direction. Again.

"Okay, I might have been in a public chase and might have written something on the walls of Adam when no one was looking," I said in a bored tone.

"With blood??" Kelly asked shocked

"No, it's not blood. It looks like blood, though, cool isn't it?" I said smirking

"Well, the good thing is that people think you are a man and not a woman " Jeremy said " And I hope this goes on, I have got some data on our next target - Carl Matthews, he has a wife and a mother, lives on Beach Street, Goldeneye and is an assassin who happens to be a close friend of James. He will not be a simple target." Jeremy said and showed us his picture.

Carl Matthews, the same brown eyes, brown hair, tall and dark personality. I remember him now. The same person who was a part of killing my parents. He was going to be there at the upcoming meeting of James and so were we.

"I need information about his relatives, his office and the security system of his house along with the system of James... If u can" I told Jeremy as I stood up and grabbed my coat.

"On it already, " he said, "Though it would be difficult to get hold of James' system." He continued

Carl was definitely not going to be an easy hit. Unlike Adam, he knows how to defend himself better and apparently he is an assassin so things might get bloody. The cold wind hit my face as I walked out the warehouse, the weather was not supposed to be this cold it was summer, but it felt as if it is going to rain so I brought my coat even closer to my body and started walking again. I had always loved the idea of wearing coats so I wear it even during summer and windy days. Before the execution of any plan, I always walked through the streets of this city to clear my mind of any negative thoughts about failure. I had learned to become invisible, I did not know what I was going to do once I kill James but I was in no mood for thinking about it now. I was deep in my thoughts about the upcoming events when a strong smell of coffee hit me and involuntarily I went to the cafe from where the smell came. Old memories flooded my mind as Mr. Hung's and Laura's face invaded my thoughts. I sat down and ordered a coffee along with a small piece of raspberry cake. 

The waitress came in with my order and flashed me a weak and tired smile, but refreshing enough. I sat there drinking my tea and observing my surroundings when a certain text written in bold on the first page of the newspaper kept on the counter caught my eyes. I put my coffee down and stood up to reach for the paper. The headline of one news was big and bold and it sent alarming signals from my brain throughout my body.

' Adam Connors Death Really Shook me: James'

Secret Agencies are set to find the killer, you never know where they are'