Chapter 15

Alex's POV:

We did not see this coming. Even though we killed Adam, we are still in danger. This was an easy mission or so we thought until things got messed up and now we are standing in front of ten guards five with guns and other without them. I quickly examine our surroundings for ways to get out safely. There is a wooden table in front of us, a beanbag beside us and a recliner sofa behind us, there is a window in the wall behind the sofa which is big enough to jump out of. The main light switch was on the left wall. We knew that the moment we were going to move a muscle they were going to shoot us, but since quickness is our middle name (not literally) so I, looking for the right moment put my hands on the wooden table, grabbed it and raised it making it stand in a 90-degree position. As soon as I raised the table the men started shooting and the other started coming for us.

"Duck down" I told Kelly and motioned her to move behind the recliner.

"Your bikes are waiting for you outside "said Jeremy through the earpieces "In 2 minutes I am shutting all the connections of this house from outside world so we will be off connection if you stay here." He continued

I raised my gun and shot the main connection, the lights went out and so did the guns after a voice telling them to halt. We scurried quietly towards the recliner to hide behind it. Explaining the plan to Kelly we put on our night vision goggles and shot all the men with guns. The other switched on their torches and started looking for the guns. Since we had not many bullets, we quietly jumped out the window and on our bikes. Hearing the engines roar the other men started coming for us. Chase scenes are what we always wanted and now all our dreams were coming true. We sped past the streets with men behind us some with their guns. Kelly and I parted ways and decided to meet after this at the warehouse.

The men continuously shot bullets at me when I dodged every single one of them, fearing that if I waited for some more time they were going to call James, I quickly retaliated back with shooting them. On the first shot, I killed two. One by bullet other because they muddled up and got caught in an accident. I saw a large truck coming up and the fear that my adrenaline would react in a bad way if I don't calm down, I thought of a plan to confuse them and took a sharp turn at one of the corners of the street resulting in the crashing of the two bikes with the truck. 'I am free' I thought to myself. I again wore my helmet after getting hold of one of the men's phone amidst people staring and whispering and drove off to the warehouse. Reaching there I did not find Kelly and Jeremy so I went to my room and got changed. The first mission did not require any hand to hand battles, neither I bled, but this was not going to be easy.I tried to contact Kelly through the earpieces

"Can you hear me, Kelly and Jeremy? Where are you guys?" I said after a brief silence the voice of Kelly came through.

"Mission accomplished. Jeremy is coming back and me too." She said and there was again silence

I took my pad out and stuck off Adam's name. " target one accomplished" I said to myself

I expected a sense of grief from my side, I mean I did kill a fully grown man. But I found none, probably because it happened all to suddenly. I prayed for all the missions to go successfully. I grabbed some skittles and was going back to my room when the door burst open and Kelly came in looking exhausted. Jeremy was nowhere to be found and so I called him up.

"Can I ask your whereabouts?" I said sternly through the phone

"Actually I met some friends and to eradicate any suspicions mingled with them," He said meekly

"You better wish it is true. I need you tomorrow here at 8" I said and disconnected the phone

"You could have said it politely," Kelly said as she came in now dressed casually with a bowl of noodles in her hands.

"Was that not polite? I thought it was " I said and Kelly rolled her eyes.

"Congratulations, the first step successfully accomplished," She said as she gobbled some noodles

"Well it's just the start, there is more to come. From now James will be alert so as to know who is doing all this. We need to be more careful." I said and she nodded her head

"Right but right now I will just eat and sleep, " she said

–---------––––---------–―――---------

Knock knock!!

"Early morning who is there. " I murmured to myself. Reluctantly I got up and opened the door only to see the man himself panting as if a dog had come running all along behind him.

" You*pants* said *pants* to *pants* come at *pants* 8 here I am, " he said falling down at his last word

" Are you nuts? It's 6 in the morning" I said pointing at the clock on the wall. I am definitely amused by his punctuality.

" What ?? " He looked down at his watch and his eyes closed " oh shoot! I thought it's 8:30 and that you are going to kill me. My watch betrayed me. I wonder why the sky looked not so sunny when I came" he said and got up and started reaching for the door.

"Where do you think you are going, " I said

"Back home to sleep? " He said

"No no you stay here now. You don't have a home other than this. Start working on our next plan." I said and went back to my room ignoring the groans behind.

After some time Kelly woke up and got fresh, we had breakfast which included some pancakes, juice, and lots of maple syrup. The entire day went by sitting around and discussing our further plans, we had to keep an eye out for both James as well as the Agencies which were going to be behind us. We discussed whether we should start with the planning from now or after some time till the matter had died down in public. But whatever it was we had to see that we were not being followed. About Jeremy, It's not that I hated him, it's just that I had never thought that I would get acquainted with another person other than Kelly, but looks like God wanted other people to come and join us. No matter what happens I will always have an eye on Jeremy, being at caution is not bad.

----------------------------------------

Authors Note:

Finally Done with the editing and a new chapter is up. Hope you like it. Sorry for the length.

Edited on 15-01-2018

Happy Belated Christmas, sorry was not free.

Vote, comment share.